Question Ryzen 5 2600x running at High Temperatures

caiofernandesart

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
I've just finished my First build, so I'm kind of learning a lot yet but I believe that my CPU is operating with too high temperatures. If i just turn on the PC and do nothing it gets around 49 to 60 Celsius (continually changing) , accordingly to Ryzen Master App. The first time I'd applied just a tiny dot of Thermal Paste on the center of CPU and I thought that was the problem. However, I've reinstalled the Cooler with a little bit more of Thermal Paste and the results actually got worse. Is it normal? I'm worried because I haven't used the PC under heavy load yet but I think is already too overheated.

Build:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x (Stock Cooler)
Motherboard: MSI Bazooka AM4
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB 3200MHz (2x16gb)
GPU: ASUS NVIDIA 1050ti
Power: EVGA 650w

caiofernandesart

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
I've set up the motherboard RGB LED to turn Red when the CPU temperature get over 60 Celsius, which happens quite a lot. Whats is interesting is that while Ryzen Master App and Motherboard RGB LED is indicating High Temperatures when I go to the BIOS the info is different, always something around 45 Celsius.

caiofernandesart

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
It turns out I had to buy a water cooler, now CPU temperatures are great. Even though I bought a entry water cooler the CPU is getting around 39ºC in idle and 75ºC to 80ºC under load (not perfect, but far better than the 95ºC it was getting under heavy loads), more specifically while rendering 4k video.