[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 2600x stuck at base clock

hightsee

Reputable
Oct 25, 2016
As the title says my cpu isn't going above the base clock speed at 3600mhz, I have disabled the core performance boost in the bios which would've given me 4.2ghz with 1.438v which is a bit too much( i think), i have an AIO nzxt kraken x53, but it's kinda annoying that the core performance boost is boosting to 4.2ghz at desktop doing nothing and spiking the temps to 50 then back to 30, so I want to know can i somehow have 3.6ghz when the cpu is at low load, and when I start putting load on it it boosts to 4.2 that is stated on the box, Mobo is Asrock B450M pro 4-f 16gbs 3200mhz

Solution
As the title says my cpu isn't going above the base clock speed at 3600mhz, I have disabled the core performance boost in the bios which would've given me 4.2ghz with 1.438v which is a bit too much( i think), i have an AIO nzxt kraken x53, but it's kinda annoying that the core performance boost is boosting to 4.2ghz at desktop doing nothing and spiking the temps to 50 then back to 30, so I want to know can i somehow have 3.6ghz when the cpu is at low load, and when I start putting load on it it boosts to 4.2 that is stated on the box, Mobo is Asrock B450M pro 4-f 16gbs 3200mhz
Their were nothing wrong with your PC to begin with. It's normal for that CPU to jump around a bit even under no load. If you would of looked at all the...

hightsee

Reputable
Oct 25, 2016
Windows version is 20H2 and BIOS version is P2.00 AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4
Date 12/16/2019
Cpu usage is like 5-10% with firefox playing youtube, and couple of background apps

hightsee

Reputable
Oct 25, 2016
It sounds like the power plan.
What are you using to monitor you temps and voltages?
Ryzen Master and Hwinfo64 are the most accurate.
What Windows Power Plan do you have?
If you don't see/have Ryzen Balanced go to AMD and get the latest Chipset drivers.
I'm using the Ryzen Balanced plan, for temps I'm using the MSI Afterburner just pinned to the taskbar, and voltages and core speed is ryzen master

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Their were nothing wrong with your PC to begin with. It's normal for that CPU to jump around a bit even under no load. If you would of looked at all the cores you would of seen 1 or 2 cores jumping up.

Edit you spent a bunch of time trying to fix what was not broke.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS