[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 2600x voltage question

Jan 20, 2019
Hello everyone, my first post here!

I just assambled my new build and I'm little bit a worry about voltage on my Ryzen5 2600x

I did a mesurements for almost 6 hours and these are results:

CPU Core voltage max 1.506v, average 1.417v
Temps are ok, max was 60 celsius.
Maybe half an hour of gaming, everything else was browsing/idle.

I'm not so proficient in tweaking, I followed some instructions to make my RAM works on 3000mhz.
Motherboard is MSI B450 Gaming plus. I'm using Ryzen power plan in win 10 pro.

Please help, is my CPU ok or it needs to be on lower voltage?

Cheers

Solution
this is perfectly fine. I had the exact same wtf as you when building a pc using a 2600x, same as you. I dont know the exact reason for this high number, you were using hwmonitor to check it right?

I have 2 theories for this, 1 is that ryzen just takes big voltages (which is unlikely.) and my 2nd which is a lot more likely and actually makes sense, is that, looking at the voltages on hwmonitor, it shows all voltage that goes into the chipset, not just the cores. if you want to check exactly what voltage goes into your cpu itself, which will look more normal (at about 1.375 or so idk what stock is), go ahead and look in the bios for the core voltages, and change them to from auto -> manual, it should show the exact voltage going in...
this is perfectly fine. I had the exact same wtf as you when building a pc using a 2600x, same as you. I dont know the exact reason for this high number, you were using hwmonitor to check it right?

I have 2 theories for this, 1 is that ryzen just takes big voltages (which is unlikely.) and my 2nd which is a lot more likely and actually makes sense, is that, looking at the voltages on hwmonitor, it shows all voltage that goes into the chipset, not just the cores. if you want to check exactly what voltage goes into your cpu itself, which will look more normal (at about 1.375 or so idk what stock is), go ahead and look in the bios for the core voltages, and change them to from auto -> manual, it should show the exact voltage going in there. change it back to auto after it. if you dont want to do that, I think cpu-z does similar things and shows core voltages

Solution
Jan 20, 2019
I think I found the offender. It's MSI gaming APP.

This utility app constantly override power managment settings I made and return to ultimate performance.

Now, max. voltage is 1.506v too but average is only 0.889v

try looking in cpu-z, itll show you the exact voltage your cpu actually takes