Question Ryzen 5 2600X

Aug 24, 2019
Hi guys i have one question im beginner in all of this things i have Gigabyte B450 Auros Elite and AMD Ryzen 5 2600X does anyone know what is good settings in bios i means what to enable/disable or anything to improve performance btw i disable hyper threading and i enable SMV and i use X.M,.P profile 1 thats what i change in bios all other is default is there any other trick or tips how improve performance of my cpu.,,.btw i use Predator 3000MHz RGB 2x8Gb

Here is my specs if someone know how can improve it please tell em

CPU;: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x + stock cooler
MOBO;: Gigabyte B450 Auros Elite + latest BIOS firmware 42c
RAM;: 2x8Gb Predator RGB 3000MHz
GPU;: Nvidia GTX 1070 8Gb OC Edition
2xSSD 120Gb
1xHDD 500Gb
1xHDD 1Tb
1xM.2 SSD 240Gb

Hi guys i have one question im beginner in all of this things i have Gigabyte B450 Auros Elite and AMD Ryzen 5 2600X does anyone know what is good settings in bios i means what to enable/disable or anything to improve performance btw i disable hyper threading and i enable SMV and i use X.M,.P profile 1 thats what i change in bios all other is default is there any other trick or tips how improve performance of my cpu.,,.btw i use Predator 3000MHz RGB 2x8Gb

Here is my specs if someone know how can improve it please tell em

CPU;: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x + stock cooler
MOBO;: Gigabyte B450 Auros Elite + latest BIOS firmware 42c
RAM;: 2x8Gb Predator RGB 3000MHz
GPU;: Nvidia GTX 1070 8Gb OC Edition
2xSSD 120Gb
1xHDD 500Gb
1xHDD 1Tb
1xM.2 SSD 240Gb

First thing is to only disable SMT (Symmetric Multi-Thread, AMD's term for Hyperthreading) for very specific use cases. Most games don't benefit from disabling it.

Also: enable PBO in advanced mode and push out the three parameters (PPT, TDC and EDC) to maximum values. This encourages the processor to use all the power delivery of the motherboard to boost higher and longer. Getting a better after-market cooler can help by providing extra thermal headroom for boosting.

Aug 24, 2019
First thing is to only disable SMT (Symmetric Multi-Thread, AMD's term for Hyperthreading) for very specific use cases. Most games don't benefit from disabling it.

Also: enable PBO in advanced mode and push out the three parameters (PPT, TDC and EDC) to maximum values. This encourages the processor to use all the power delivery of the motherboard to boost higher and longer. Getting a better after-market cooler can help by providing extra thermal headroom for boosting.

Hi thanks but where i can find PPT, TDC, EDC? Do you means in Ryzen Master?Because i never use it and not know how use it

Hi thanks but where i can find PPT, TDC, EDC? Do you means in Ryzen Master?Because i never use it and not know how use it
You can find in in BIOS overclock settings... maybe an Advanced Overclock menu or something like that. You may have to look around a bit to find it.

If you're a beginner at this, one of the first things you should do is find out how to save a BIOS profile. Probably called something like 'overclocking profiles'. Once you save it, you can load it much more easily than trying to remember what all the settings were if you need to roll back from some changes.