thisisarnab.me

Reputable
Dec 2, 2018
Hey folks,

As the new ryzen 5 upgrade launched, finally I've been able to aim for the parts needed to build my rig. It would be really appreciated if you guys can comment and spare your insights on the build. The aim is to make a moderately budget build, so I am willing to spend more or less 720$ which is roughly 50000 inr in India.

1. APU: R5 3400g
  2. MoBo: Asus Prime B450M-A. The APU supports upto 2933 mhz memory so found this one pretty much fitting to the job sparing two more DIMM slots. Do I need a bios upgrade? If you can recommend a better mobo in this price range please let me know.
  3. Ram: CORSAIR CMK16GX4M2B3000C15(2×8GB). I suppose a cl15 would be more efficient. Tell me if you've something in mind.
  4. PSU: CORSAIR CX650. Now I've found some contradictory remarks about the brands that make good PSUs, but as I'm keen to keep the budget for this of around 80$ or 5600 inr, I am here in desperate need of your recommendations for better options.
  5. Case: COOLER MASTER K500L. Yeah I know that a little less or solid case could've been opted, but a few leds and 3 pre-built fans seems approachable to me. The MoBo's got usb 3.1 gen 1 and the case has usb 3.0. Would that be a problem to achieve maximum transfer speed?
  6. SSD: Kingston A400 240GB
NOTE:
I will overclock the components for better performance.
2. I am aiming to get a discrete GPU in future that is likely to be Sapphire rx 580 nitro+ oc or whatever more promising of AMD to get a free-sync feature.

Thank you for reading this epic, but can't risk anything to get a better value lol. Please do provide your insights. 🙌

Last edited:
Reactions: thisisarnab.me
Solution

thisisarnab.me

Reputable
Dec 2, 2018
If you know someone with an older CPU, then you can borrow theirs to update the BIOS. If not, then go with https://in.pcpartpicker.com/product/Hy97YJ/msi-b450-tomahawk-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-tomahawk. It supports MSI Flashback, so you can update the BIOS before you put the CPU in, then it will work. Also, I'd recommend looking for a Seasonic S12II 520w if you can find one for the same price.

The Tomahawk seems like a good option. For the PSU, do you think 520 watt will be enough for the build considering the fact that I'll be adding a discrete GPU in future? What about 620w of the same series? It costs around 92$ and I can afford that too.

Last edited: