[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3400g crashing under load ?

Feb 22, 2021
My system:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3400g
Ram: 1x8Gb Gigabyte 3000 MHz
MotherBoard: Gigabyte B550 DS3H
Storage: Adata M.2 SSD 500gb

My build keeps hard crashing when the integrated graphics are in load, I can only play games for 2 o 5 minutes before a blacks screen and I have to power off the PSU.

Tried:
-Formating the systen
- Different PSU
-CPU worked fine when I send it to be checked
-Checked Temperatures before crashing (It never got over 60°C)
-Used Driver Booster
-Manually installed Drivers

Solution
You can try another RAM stick (preferably a matched set so you can run dual channel giving more memory bandwidth in dual channel mode)....

Not sure if a configures bootable Memtest86+ flash drive is suported/works on a 3400G, but, you can try it....; if the mini-Linux/RAM testing OS loads and starts the RAM test, and you get RAM errors within 10-20 minutes....that would be a good starting point in your troubleshooting. You'd like to see it pass through at least 4 runs.

Naturally, a PSU could be browning out as well...(all PSUs were 'fine the previous day', just before exhibiting symptoms.
My system:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3400g
Ram: 1x8Gb Gigabyte 3000 MHz
MotherBoard: Gigabyte B550 DS3H
Storage: Adata M.2 SSD 500gb

My build keeps hard crashing when the integrated graphics are in load, I can only play games for 2 o 5 minutes before a blacks screen and I have to power off the PSU.

Tried:
-Formating the systen
- Different PSU
-CPU worked fine when I send it to be checked
-Checked Temperatures before crashing (It never got over 60°C)
-Used Driver Booster
-Manually installed Drivers
Try putting a supported cpu on the mobo and test.

With only 1 RAM stick, how much of that RAM is actually allocated to the GPU, leaving the remainder to the OS?

I'd try another RAM stick, or, better yet, preferably a 2-stick matched kit (vice mixing in another 'similar' stick from who knows where) totaling at least 16 GB...

Feb 22, 2021
With only 1 RAM stick, how much of that RAM is actually allocated to the GPU, leaving the remainder to the OS?

I'd try another RAM stick, or, better yet, preferably a 2-stick matched kit (vice mixing in another 'similar' stick from who knows where) totaling at least 16 GB...
2 Gb are dedicated to the GPU, that leaves me with 6Gb of Ram

You can try another RAM stick (preferably a matched set so you can run dual channel giving more memory bandwidth in dual channel mode)....

Not sure if a configures bootable Memtest86+ flash drive is suported/works on a 3400G, but, you can try it....; if the mini-Linux/RAM testing OS loads and starts the RAM test, and you get RAM errors within 10-20 minutes....that would be a good starting point in your troubleshooting. You'd like to see it pass through at least 4 runs.

Naturally, a PSU could be browning out as well...(all PSUs were 'fine the previous day', just before exhibiting symptoms.

Solution