[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3400G for 1080p streaming?

Aug 4, 2020
Hi, I pretend to do do live streaming in 1080p 60fps, using a DSLR camera with Ezcap 287 and a Logitech C920. Is onboard GPU able to do it, or I can get in trouble with it? A GTX 950 SC, should be better?

Solution
well, the gpu isn't the main problem here. beside the amazing encoders on newer nvidia gpu's and im pretty sure amd got one too, the cpu is mainly the bottleneck. that cpu is not amazing, but i think it should be enough for 1080p60hz maybe on faster. or fastest.

a gtx 1650 super (while also much more powerful) has the nvenc encoder but will obviously cost more than a 950.

and a 950 is better in general than the onboard.

what do you intend to stream?
well, the gpu isn't the main problem here. beside the amazing encoders on newer nvidia gpu's and im pretty sure amd got one too, the cpu is mainly the bottleneck. that cpu is not amazing, but i think it should be enough for 1080p60hz maybe on faster. or fastest.

a gtx 1650 super (while also much more powerful) has the nvenc encoder but will obviously cost more than a 950.

and a 950 is better in general than the onboard.

what do you intend to stream?

Solution
Aug 4, 2020
Hi Madmatt30, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I'm using a DSLR Camera pluged in a USB capture card (Ezcap 287) and a Logitech C920, the software I`m using is OBS - Open Broadcaster Software.