[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3400g with prime a320m-k

Apr 5, 2020
So i have a strange question i paired this 2 components and the question is the processor normal clock is 3.7 with a boost of 4.2 but i only get a 3.8 so is it because of the motherboard or i need to enable something in bios. And the motherboard doesnt support ryzen 3000 series without the bios .

Solution
CPU temp is around 45 C 55 C full load its not thermalthrotteling. The psu is 600W LC600H-12

I didn't say it was throttling? But the boost algorithm takes temperature into considering (among other aspects). Just because you're not throttling doesn't mean they're sufficient headroom to boost, again, based on AMDs algorithm.

Have you enabled "high performance" power plan in Windows?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
CPU temp is around 45 C 55 C full load its not thermalthrotteling. The psu is 600W LC600H-12

I didn't say it was throttling? But the boost algorithm takes temperature into considering (among other aspects). Just because you're not throttling doesn't mean they're sufficient headroom to boost, again, based on AMDs algorithm.

Solution
Apr 5, 2020

Yes maybe its because mobo is only supporting it with the bios update? And one more question can i oc or i need to switch mobo to do that ?