Question Ryzen 5 3500 Beta bios on B350

Apr 15, 2020
Hello guys Im new around here, My friend recently brought a Ryzen 5 3500 to pair it with a B350 motherboard; He installed the MSI beta bios but the PC never booted up.
His motherboard is a MSI Tomahawk B350.
On the MSI website i found this image:
ryzen-3000-20190705-4.jpg

The Ryzen 5 3500 is no where to be seen so i really dont know if its supported or not. I guess if it wasn't supported the CPU would appear in the 'Not supported' sections. Could the CPU be DOA?
Sorry if the question seem a bit stupid and thanks in advance : D

Hello guys Im new around here, My friend recently brought a Ryzen 5 3500 to pair it with a B350 motherboard; He installed the MSI beta bios but the PC never booted up.
His motherboard is a MSI Tomahawk B350.
On the MSI website i found this image:
ryzen-3000-20190705-4.jpg

The Ryzen 5 3500 is no where to be seen so i really dont know if its supported or not. I guess if it wasn't supported the CPU would appear in the 'Not supported' sections. Could the CPU be DOA?
Sorry if the question seem a bit stupid and thanks in advance : D
Isn't the 3500 processor originally marketed only in China? That may be why the US MSI web site, or any web site outside China, doesn't list the supported BIOS.

But I'd still think the latest BIOS (7A34v1OR(Beta version) ) would support it. What processor did he use to install it? does the board still work with that processor?

Might need bios update to get it to work would suggest downloading upto date bios and try it out https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/b350-tomahawk

Acording to part picker your motherboard dose surrport your cpu so try and bios update not beta ones normal one from the surrport link!
MSI's only BIOS for Ryzen 3000 on many (if not all) of their B350 boards was...and still is...left in BETA and linked on the BIOS support page. So 7A34v1OR(Beta version) is the only working Ryzen 3000 BIOS for B350 Tomahawk. I went through the same mix-up with my B350m Mortar.