Question Ryzen 5 3500 has a high Package Power Consumption. Any Fix?

Nov 19, 2019
Hi guys, I was wondering if this is an issue with the processor or it is designed in a way like that. You can check the below screenshot for more details.

ZsfmTsv.png

Also, I have got a MSI A320M PRO-VD/S v2 Motherboard with Corsair Vengeance 3000 MHz RAM running at 2133 MHz. I would like to run this RAM with the proper clocks, because the XMP profile and the speeds suggested in the CPU-Z makes my mobo to not boot to the bios unless I clear CMOS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Why would that not be normal? The package power is the amount of power going into the ENTIRE CPU, which includes all the cores, the cache memory, etc. You can see on your CPU-Z that you're max TDP is 65W, so 19W is idle power draw. Dont' confuse watts with volts, which I can see on CPU-Z is also at a normal level.

As for your RAM, try to get into the BIOS, enable XMP and disable fast-boot. Fast boot is a feature that just zips past the bios screen. If you're still having issues, then you can always access bios even from windows. Simply hold shift and press window's restart button, it will load advance restart. Search for the option "load UEFI defaults" and it will restart taking you directly into the BIOS.