[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 3.95 Ghz Heat issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2020
Hello I built a PC just two days ago, but my CPU is at 60-65 Celcius at idle and 80-85 while gaming.

I have lowered the CPU Core Ratio to 38.00 from 39.50, It has lowered my Temp's from 80-85 to average 70 and rarely hitting 74-75. When idle tho it's at average 50 Celcius rarely hitting 60. But this also lowered my performance while gaming.
This is my first PC build(A more experienced friend of mine has done the installation.)
What could I do to fix this without decreasing my performance?, Should I buy a cooler?
Pictures from Ryzen master after I lowered the CPU Core Ratio;
View: https://imgur.com/a/nKADeS5

My Specs:
GPU: ASUS TUF 3 RX 5600 XT OC EVO 6GB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

MoB: ASUS B450M Dragon

Ram: 2x GSKILL 8GB Ripjaws V

Case: THERMALTAKE Versa J23 RGB 650W Tempered Glass USB 3.0

Like I said this is my first PC build.

Solution
I would:

First: Make sure the stock cpu cooler is well mounted, with the screws tighten enough.

Second: Move the front fans of your case, away from the solid glass panel. The 3 front fans are really close to the front panel of your case and they are probably chocked by it.
If you can remove the front panel, and then move the fans to the interior of the front metal chasis then they will have more air volume in front of them to move inside the case, thus making airflow better.

For example this is how my case front fans comes from factory:
r4GNmx5.jpg

And this when I move them to the interior of the front metal frame:
7ZCFZGB.jpg

After that just put back the solid front glass panel...
Looking at your read out on Ryzen Master, have you 'locked' your cores at 3.8? I thought max speed for a 3600 is 4.2? To be truthful, i dont mess around too much with many settings in the BIOS and was just wondering if changing your cpu core ratio has dropped it's max speed? (but wait for a more experienced member to advise before doing anything else.)

Hello I built a PC just two days ago, but my CPU is at 60-65 Celcius at idle and 80-85 while gaming.

I have lowered the CPU Core Ratio to 38.00 from 39.50, It has lowered my Temp's from 80-85 to average 70 and rarely hitting 74-75. When idle tho it's at average 50 Celcius rarely hitting 60. But this also lowered my performance while gaming.
This is my first PC build(A more experienced friend of mine has done the installation.)
What could I do to fix this without decreasing my performance?, Should I buy a cooler?
Pictures from Ryzen master after I lowered the CPU Core Ratio;
View: https://imgur.com/a/nKADeS5

My Specs:
GPU: ASUS TUF 3 RX 5600 XT OC EVO 6GB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

MoB: ASUS B450M Dragon

Ram: 2x GSKILL 8GB Ripjaws V

Case: THERMALTAKE Versa J23 RGB 650W Tempered Glass USB 3.0

Like I said this is my first PC build.
Is the idle temperature on average, or it spikes up to that much but eventually goes down?

The gaming temperature could be both from using the stock cooler and an additional heat load coming off the video card since it's circulating air in the case.

I would:

First: Make sure the stock cpu cooler is well mounted, with the screws tighten enough.

Second: Move the front fans of your case, away from the solid glass panel. The 3 front fans are really close to the front panel of your case and they are probably chocked by it.
If you can remove the front panel, and then move the fans to the interior of the front metal chasis then they will have more air volume in front of them to move inside the case, thus making airflow better.

r4GNmx5.jpg

7ZCFZGB.jpg

After that just put back the solid front glass panel and check temps again.

If this isn't enough then you may need to get a decent aftermarket cooler.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution
Sep 20, 2020
I would:

r4GNmx5.jpg

7ZCFZGB.jpg

After that just put back the solid front glass panel and check temps again.

If this isn't enough then you may need to get a decent aftermarket cooler.
Thanks for the help! will try

Sep 20, 2020
Is the idle temperature on average, or it spikes up to that much but eventually goes down?

The gaming temperature could be both from using the stock cooler and an additional heat load coming off the video card since it's circulating air in the case.
58-59 average but it somes spikes to 65(While CPU core ratio is 3.95)

I'll probably buy an aftermarket cooler. Any Recommendations?

First of all, one thing you have to be clear about, since this is how Ryzen 3xxx work, no matter what you put for cooler the idle/light usage temp may not change that much. Whats important is the load temp anyways.

For a budget choice the Gammaxx 400 ( or 400 V2) or Gammaxx GTE (or GTE V2) should be better, around 10°C to 12°C better than the stock one.
Beyond that you have the Arctic Freezer 34 esport / 34 esport DUO, and the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition (be carefull there are a lots of Hyper 212 coolers, and not all of them are compatible with the AM4 socket).
If you wana go premium you need to look at brands like beQuiet or Noctua.

IMPORTANT: According to your PC case official web page: https://www.thermaltake.com/versa-j23-tempered-glass-rgb-edition.html, it only support air coolers up to 160mm tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS