[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 4.4 OC on 1.275v

Mar 22, 2021
So this is the first PC I've built in a long time and the last one I had was an FX-8350 build with a GTX 770 so I'm a little rusty when it comes to overclocking
But I was able to get to 4.4Ghz all core on my R5 3600 with a 1.275v on the voltage with MSI B550 Gaming Carbon Wifi Mobo and Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
I stress tested it with OCCT an it ran for 30 minutes without errors or blue screens and it got to roughly 87/88 degrees with the lowest core sitting at 85 so with the stress test going for 30 minutes without errors and playing games for a couple of days now without any crashes, it means that the overclock is stable at those voltages?

Solution
My 3600 does 4.4ghz all core @1.28v with a 212 EVO
So it looks like yours does the same.
Of course I fold so my stress testing was 2 days not 30 minutes.
So it is possible to be stable@ your settings.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
So this is the first PC I've built in a long time and the last one I had was an FX-8350 build with a GTX 770 so I'm a little rusty when it comes to overclocking
But I was able to get to 4.4Ghz all core on my R5 3600 with a 1.275v on the voltage with MSI B550 Gaming Carbon Wifi Mobo and Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
I stress tested it with OCCT an it ran for 30 minutes without errors or blue screens and it got to roughly 87/88 degrees with the lowest core sitting at 85 so with the stress test going for 30 minutes without errors and playing games for a couple of days now without any crashes, it means that the overclock is stable at those voltages?
That should be stable.

Mar 22, 2021
My 3600 does 4.4ghz all core @1.28v with a 212 EVO
So it looks like yours does the same.
Of course I fold so my stress testing was 2 days not 30 minutes.
So it is possible to be stable@ your settings.
Awesome I was thinking it was stable it just seemed like that voltage was low 😂 but each chip is different, I tried 4.5 at 1.3v and it just blue screened or OCCT errors started popping up almost instantly so I just think my CPU isn't capable of 4.5 but I never really tried it with anything over 1.3v

And I just don't have the time to stress test it longer than that and even then the games I'm playing don't hit the CPU as hard as OCCT does

jtk2515

Distinguished
That's a good question. about 6 years ago I overclocked my 6700k to 5ghz and just used Cinebench to verify stability. never had any crashes as all I did was Game. 4 years later it crashed once and I clocked it down to 4.9ghz and it is at 4.9ghz now.

I don't really care if something is prime 95 stable, but some people need it 100% stable. I just don't want it to crash. So as long as it does not crash and your performance does not degrade leter roll on.