Question Ryzen 5 3600 AIO High Temps??

clayton.oleary1999

Prominent
Oct 16, 2018
So i recently upraded from an old intel xeonx 5670 6 core to the ryzen 5 3600 and kept my old rx 480.. i bought a corsair h55 120mm online new unopened and i installed it to a front case fan my case is the CIT blaze has 6 fans on it three fromt 2 top and 1 back. My rx 480 on full load gets to 85 and is very loud.. is there any other kind of dual fan cooling i can get for it and fkr the cpu I dont know if the temps are right but the idle temps ar 30 to 33 which i know is a good idle temp..but its when it starts to get use out of it i did a cinebench r20 and at 100 percent ryzen master said 80 degrees.. that does seem a little high for an aio no? And also if anyone knows a fix for resident evil 2 remake boots to black screen then crashes fix let me know! Thanks!

The problem is, you have an AIO that isn't meant to be a high end cooler in a mid or full ATX case. It would be more appropriate on a 4 core CPU or in a mini ITX case where nothing larger can fit.

AIO coolers, UNLIKE a custom loop, are not not automatically a better choice than an air cooler. Mostly, aside from a FEW of the larger 280/320mm AIO units, they perform worse or at best, equal to, some of the middling air coolers. A good tower cooler will outperform all but the best AIO coolers PLUS you alleviate the restriction for the intake airflow that is created when using an AIO because it's just not possible to flow as much air through a case when it has to pass through the restrictive fins of a radiator as you can when you don't.

And for some graphics cards, that might be a factor. Even so, I suspect there is more going on here.

You are using the H55 in front, and what else? Is it JUST the H55 in front? Are you using the H55 and it's fan WITH the three front fans that the case came with?

Please outline EXACTLY where everything is in the case, what is in EVERY fan location and which DIRECTION every single fan, whether it is a case fan, radiator fan, etc., is oriented/blowing? And don't just assume every fan is right. Verify that the side of each fan that is open to the fan blades is facing out in the front locactions and facing in on the top and rear locations.