[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 and ASrock b450 Stell Legend AMD Promontory Motherboard

shrey1934

Honorable
Nov 14, 2017
If I get a Ryzen 5 3600 and a ASrock b450 Stell Legend AMD Promontory motherboard will they be compatible?
Will i have to flash the bios or will the two be compatible straight out the box?

Solution
It would help if mobo manufacturer put a born on date on there labels other then Ryzen Compliant???? Rating.

When I upgraded my 2600x to a 3600x I had been researching what mobo to put the 2600x on for my son's upgrade from a Fx sytem.
( I was looking for a particular bios version and no higher, because that mobo can't flasback.)
From talking with Amazon on the phone and giving them the numbers listed in the ad there is No Way to tell what bios it has
Other then the Ryzen???? Compliant rating.

Per a call to Asus tech support Amazon at the time (ryzen 3000 series had been out 4-6 months) had more of the older bios mobos but even they could not tell me what bios was on any of those mobo's with the ad #'s.
From those calls I decided to...

OtapIc

Commendable
Jan 19, 2021
nope. depend on which model and when the motherboard is made. some might need bios update
Well ok yes, technically you're correct. But as far as I know we're in 2021 and not 2019, unless they're buying used parts it's pretty much guaranteed that a b450 would run a 3000 series out the box

It would help if mobo manufacturer put a born on date on there labels other then Ryzen Compliant???? Rating.

When I upgraded my 2600x to a 3600x I had been researching what mobo to put the 2600x on for my son's upgrade from a Fx sytem.
( I was looking for a particular bios version and no higher, because that mobo can't flasback.)
From talking with Amazon on the phone and giving them the numbers listed in the ad there is No Way to tell what bios it has
Other then the Ryzen???? Compliant rating.

Per a call to Asus tech support Amazon at the time (ryzen 3000 series had been out 4-6 months) had more of the older bios mobos but even they could not tell me what bios was on any of those mobo's with the ad #'s.
From those calls I decided to go with a
Msi b450 Pro Carbon with Bios flashback.

Yes it's 2021 and the probability of getting a mobo NOT Ryzen 3000 Compliant is low with paying attention to the ad listing if buying from a online retailer but without there is a chance of getting old stock which there is recourse with a return policy guidelines if it is not.

If and when buying from a local Retailer is the best.
Good building !! And Have A Great Week!!!!!!

Solution