[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 at high temps with liquid cooling

Elixs

Commendable
Mar 10, 2019
I'm using a Ryzen 5 3600 with this liquid cooler: MasterLiquid ML120L RGB | Cooler Master . The thing is, that it gets up to 70-80 degrees when gaming at 1440p with an RTX 3070. The room temp is about 20 degrees now. I've been thinking about buying this liquid cooling: MasterLiquid ML240L V2 ARGB | Cooler Master but I thought for a moment, what if I'm just doing something wrong, and that's the reason why I'm having high temps? Maybe I just place it in the wrong way? Or maybe this liquid cooler is garbage?
Any suggestions will be welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Solution
I'm using a Ryzen 5 3600 with this liquid cooler: MasterLiquid ML120L RGB | Cooler Master . The thing is, that it gets up to 70-80 degrees when gaming at 1440p with an RTX 3070. The room temp is about 20 degrees now. I've been thinking about buying this liquid cooling: MasterLiquid ML240L V2 ARGB | Cooler Master but I thought for a moment, what if I'm just doing something wrong, and that's the reason why I'm having high temps? Maybe I just place it in the wrong way? Or maybe this liquid cooler is garbage?

How are the fans and the AIO itself setup? My old Maelstrom unit keeps my chip under 80°C even under Prime95 small at 77°C. Room temp is about 27-29°C. Add to...

Countgreen

Honorable
Jun 24, 2017
Is there any software on the website you can download to control the fans and pump? You can also download HWInfo64 and see if the pump is running and what speed the fans are at. Do you have an air cooler to compare temps to? Where is the rad mounted?

Elixs

Commendable
Mar 10, 2019
Is there any software on the website you can download to control the fans and pump? You can also download HWInfo64 and see if the pump is running and what speed the fans are at. Do you have an air cooler to compare temps to? Where is the rad mounted?
Using HWiNFO64 and Ryzen Master while playing Days Gone for 30 minutes, I can say that the average temp was 68, with the local temp being 20 at the moment. The rad is mounted on top. Where can I check the speed?

Jun 20, 2021
Personally I think the temp is too high, especially you say the room temp is 20c.
Lots of CPU fan tested in China shows that in June the AMD wraith fan can keep 3600 under 75c. I mean is June in China, room temp in some cities can reach 38c.
Try the original AMD wraith, take a shot.

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014

How are the fans and the AIO itself setup? My old Maelstrom unit keeps my chip under 80°C even under Prime95 small at 77°C. Room temp is about 27-29°C. Add to that, it's old enough to have water evaporations already since I can audibly hear the sloshing when handling it.

120mm AIOs are garbage for their value, but certainly not 80°C gaming garbage.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS