[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 - Average or Per core temps?

zak.littlechild

Commendable
Aug 11, 2018
What is the more important temp to monitor?
Its my understanding that Ryzen Master records the average temp, and MSI/HWInfo/GPU-Z are recording the peak temps of a single core.

So which one should I be paying attention to more?

Reactions: toyu20102000
Solution
Use Ryzen Master.

Peak temps don't really matter if they only last for a millisecond or two...what matters is sustained temps...which is why AMDs own utility averages out the temp. If your average across all cores was 85c that would be an issue...one core hitting that during a momentary burst of single threaded activity is not an issue.
Use Ryzen Master.

Peak temps don't really matter if they only last for a millisecond or two...what matters is sustained temps...which is why AMDs own utility averages out the temp. If your average across all cores was 85c that would be an issue...one core hitting that during a momentary burst of single threaded activity is not an issue.

Solution

zak.littlechild

Commendable
Aug 11, 2018
Use Ryzen Master.

Cheers, makes a lot more sense like that, but will stop panicing now, when I see something say 74c on MSI xD