[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 - beQuiet Shadow Rock 3 - hits ~82*C after 6 minutes in prime95 stress

Max_34

Reputable
May 9, 2016
Before i purchased the Shadow Rock 3 (today) my CPU would usually stay at 60C in idle and get up to 80C in stress test in less than 4 minutes (i did not let it run more on the stock cooler).

After mounting the new cooler it runs at 50C in idle and stays at around 62C for like 4-5 minutes in prime95 stress and then quickly jumps to 70-80-84 where i usually stop it being afraid of touching the 90*C mark.

Maybe i have placed the thermal paste incorrect, or maybe the one they gave me is not good enough.
Should I try an Mx-4 over the bequiet one?
Let me know if the temperatures are alright or not.
Cause i have seen someone saying that he gets 75 after 15 minutes in prime95 stress with stock, which for me is far from reality.

If the cooler is not good I can still return it in the following 14 days.

Solution
1)AVX(Advanced Vector eXtensions) really short version:
Faster than the SSE(Streaming SIMD Extensions) instruction set that the cpu normally runs at, but demands more juice, and in turn, produces more heat.

2)If you're using the latest version of Prime95, it's right there at the bottom upon opening it. Just check off all 3 of them.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Faster than the SSE(Streaming SIMD Extensions) instruction set that the cpu normally runs at, but demands more juice, and in turn, produces more heat.

2)If you're using the latest version of Prime95, it's right there at the bottom upon opening it. Just check off all 3 of them.

Solution

Max_34

Reputable
May 9, 2016

Thank you very much for your help. It now reached ~79.55 at max after 15 minutes. Something I couldn't achieve before.

Really, thank you.