[SOLVED] ryzen 5 3600 compatibility

Solution
I did not understand much, when I assemble the pc do I have to do the bios update first? How do i do?
Yes you need to have the updated bios file in a pendrive and then insert it in the B450 motherboard where it has a specified bios flashback usb port. Then boot without CPU and update BIOS then insert the 3600 into the CPU slot. There are a lot of videos of how to bios flashback check it out if not clear.

JaSoN_cRuZe

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
hello, i want to build a pc gaming so i ask if the ryzen 3600 was compatible to msi 450 tomahawk
I read around that ryzen was having problems and I wanted to make sure it was okay and not waste money.
the alternative to some advice on some mobo
(sorry for a bad english)

Yes AMD will have some issues at start and since it's a newer architecture it cannot be avoided and Yes B450 is compatible but will have some issues which will be corrected in the future probably.

You have 2 options,

Get a cheaper x570 board ASUS x570-P/Gigabyte X570 Gaming X.

Wait for B550 board, possible by next quarter(gamer nexus) it will be cheaper and support out of the box.

Since everything is new, it would take some bios revisions even in x570 boards for the CPU to run at optimum.

Note: Bios flashbacks has lot of bugs and takes lots of effort and time to do it, it is not so simple as advertised from what i have heard from users using B450 for 3600.

Last edited:
Reactions: DMAN999
Jul 11, 2019
No, if you are strictly budget restricted buy a B450 and a 3600. It would work fine and it will be better in upcoming BIOS updates.

Just make sure to update the BIOS of B450 before booting with 3600.

I did not understand much, when I assemble the pc do I have to do the bios update first? How do i do?

JaSoN_cRuZe

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
Yes you need to have the updated bios file in a pendrive and then insert it in the B450 motherboard where it has a specified bios flashback usb port. Then boot without CPU and update BIOS then insert the 3600 into the CPU slot. There are a lot of videos of how to bios flashback check it out if not clear.

Solution
Jul 11, 2019
thank you

TRENDING THREADS