Question Ryzen 5 3600 core preformance boost overvolting

Sep 19, 2022
Hey guys I have a R5 3600 I disabled core preformed boost not long after I got it couple years ago. as when it boosts my voltage goes up to 1.425v which seems too high to me, and it makes my temps hit the 90 mark.
With it disabled my voltage will only hit 1.01v and temps don't really go over 60.
Is there a way to make it not volt so high and are them temps too high? As I'm at a point now that I want to have to boost enabled. Or is this normal voltage when boosted.

Last edited:
Hey guys I have a R5 3600 I disabled core preformed boost not long after I got it couple years ago. as when it boosts my voltage goes up to 1.425v which seems too high to me, and it makes my temps hit the 90 mark.
With it disabled my voltage will only hit 1.01v and temps don't really go over 60.
Is there a way to make it not volt so high and are them temps too high? As I'm at a point now that I want to have to boost enabled. Or is this normal voltage when boosted.
what are the full system specs?

Ryzen 5 3600
Asus prime x570-p/csm
16gb ddr4 2666mhz
Rx580
Windows 10
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver and using DDU (clean and do not restart, also tick all option in AMD option in the ddu settings).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours since it's 12 threads, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• reboot the PC to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot (if enabled by default), save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (do it again if you're currently using the latest bios) ver 4403 the one with agesa 1.2.0.7, go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, enable fastest xmp profile, then save and exit.

• if successful, boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.08.xx as the time i write this), then reboot. then check power plan and see if it using amd ryzen balanced power plan instead of windows balanced. also edit the Ryzen balanced power plan (Change advanced power settings) Processor power management minimum processor state to 1%. then do the other change you want to change in that ryzen balanced power plan, then save changes.

• Install the latest radeon driver or try Amernime Zone driver (polaris one), reboot, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

TRENDING THREADS