[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 CPU temp 85-90C underload

Dec 4, 2020
Hello, i have a temp issue with my ryzen 3600.
On idle the temps sits around 55C, while in prime 95 the temps will go up to 85-90C.
I did put thermal paste (thermal grizzly if i recall correctly), i aslo tried to screwing as much as possible the aio to the cpu and the fans and pump are working if we can trust corsair ICUE.
Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Well, I can tell you're working with a Corsair AIO, what is the model of the unit? Include the make and model of your motherboard and check to see which BIOS version you're on at the moment. What is the make and model of your chassis and how is the airflow inside of it?

Dec 4, 2020
I have a corsair H100i pro AIO.
The motherboard is a gigabyte aorus x570 elite and the version of the bio is "F11".
And the case is a be quiet dark base pro 900 rev.2. In term of airflow there is two fans in the front, one in the back, and the AIO on the top but the case is closed almost everywhere but you have the possibility to open a front door to see the the optical drives and fans.

Dec 4, 2020
I tried letting the pc open form every panels (not the top one, it can't be remove) and it stabilize the temps between 44-46C when before it was moving between 45-52C

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
A 5C drop, eh? But it's still 5C hotter than usual; Ryzen will automatically pursue higher clock speeds on its own, up until 80C.
A possible airflow issue, or there's something else...

I'd suggest reapplying thermal paste, but...
Did the old paste completely cover the IHS?
Is your batch of TG paste legit? [I don't know when they started doing it, but packets now have a card enclosed with a code on it to verify legitimate product.]

Dec 4, 2020
So i tried repasting the cpu (with a noctua paste), it didn't change anything so i tried a noctua air cooler (NH-U12s) that i had on hand, the result were the same; after 35mins of prime95, i was between 79-80C. What was strange was that at some point i hit 80C and then after 2mins it went down to 70C and it went up slowly to 80 within 5 to 10mins.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
?
Those are not the same results:
-at the start, you said it was hitting 90C
-after opening up the chassis, you then said 85C
-and now you're saying 80C after a different paste and cooler

What was strange was that at some point i hit 80C and then after 2mins it went down to 70C and it went up slowly to 80 within 5 to 10mins.
You were running Prime 95, Small FFT, 3 AVX options off?

Dec 4, 2020
The option took by default was "blend (all of the above)" which contains small, smallest, medium and large ftts.
Then there is two options greyed out with one activated which is "disable AVX-512" but only this one.