steedsofwar

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2015
Ryzen 5 3600.
AsRock B550M Pro4 mono.
2x 16GB 3600mhz Ballistix RAM.
280mm AIO for CPU.
1080ti.

I read and heard that the two values should be matched 1:1 for the best results but my RAM with XMP applied at 3600mhz can only get the fclk at 1600 instead of 1800. Please advise what I can do. PC won't post if at 1800.

I do not know nothing about OCing the memory. Or much about CPU OC either. Did it in the distant past and forgot most of it. I do not understand memory timings, for example.

Solution
I managed to get it to post somehow, without changing the things you suggested. Will see if this is stable on a blend test using Prime95. Will report soon.
You should be running a memory test like memtest86 before running your OS if you are having memory issues. You could corrupt your OS install with memory errors if the settings are not stable. Run at least a single full pass default auto start test with memtest86.
I managed to get it to post somehow, without changing the things you suggested. Will see if this is stable on a blend test using Prime95. Will report soon.
You should be running a memory test like memtest86 before running your OS if you are having memory issues. You could corrupt your OS install with memory errors if the settings are not stable. Run at least a single full pass default auto start test with memtest86.

Reactions: steedsofwar
Solution

steedsofwar

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2015
Alright awesome. Gonna do that in half an hour. Prime95 blend test has survived half an hour so far and wanna just get it to the 60min mark, since it's already running. Then memtest86. Formerly with fclk at 1600, memtest passed all 4 without errors, same with the windows memory diagnostics tool.

steedsofwar

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2015

The free version of memtest86 passed all 4 runs of the test. Took 6 hours to complete. Seems the RAM at 3600 XMP with infinity at 1800 is apparently stable? Should I now run a large FFT test in Prime95 to check for stability?

I was experiencing random reboots in gaming so I wanted to remedy that yesterday. I merely switched out the power plugs for the monitor and PSU, which I had mixed up when doing the upgrades to the mobo, RAM and CPU. It could be done to this? Even though it is quite hard to believe.