[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 for just under 100usd

nemanjaglis

Reputable
Jul 12, 2018
Hello everyone.
I found something that could be great deal for used Ryzen 5 3600.
In description of that CPU seller wrote that sometimes it freezes picture and that he doesn't know what's the problem.
He also wrote that CPU completed prime95 for 32 minutes and it didn't freeze, but it did after the test. He also tried to install new operating system but that failed too, because cpu would freeze again.
As far as I know, cause for that could be faulty RAM or motherboard, so my question is if anyone who knows computers better than me thinks I should buy this.

oldcracc

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
Hello everyone.
I found something that could be great deal for used Ryzen 5 3600.
In description of that CPU seller wrote that sometimes it freezes picture and that he doesn't know what's the problem.
He also wrote that CPU completed prime95 for 32 minutes and it didn't freeze, but it did after the test. He also tried to install new operating system but that failed too, because cpu would freeze again.
As far as I know, cause for that could be faulty RAM or motherboard, so my question is if anyone who knows computers better than me thinks I should buy this.
Depends how good the deal is, just expect to have a non working CPU if your fine with dropping some money for a potentially very good deal. If not, look for complete working CPUs listed.

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
Buy $100 worth of lottery tickets and you may end up getting a better deal.

If the seller is listing all the possible problems, you can bet there are many more not being listed. You may be lucky and win the lottery from the tickets or the CPU being offered is fine, but the seller is unaware the motherboard/ram is the bad apple here.