[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 gets as hot as an oven !

Apr 4, 2021
Hello i have purchased a new pc from the store, it is like 4-5 months old but im worried about my CPU it can reach like 92 degrees while just playing league of legends sometimes even more when i play more resource compsuming games. I was sending tickets to msi support since i have msi PC they were saying about updating windows bios and stuff what all i did but its getting hotter and hotter i wish i could replace the cooler but it is on warranty and i really dont want to get rid of my pc for like month to send it to them... My pc got like 1 second freeze today with the buzzzzz sound while gaming Guild Wars 2 so im getting scared.
If you want to have more info about my PC its exactly

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

RAM [GB] 8

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super
i couldnt find the informations about my motherboard dont really know how to check it but my computer is MSI Mag Meta 5 ofcourse it wasnt any overclocked and stuff it is how i got it from the shop everything stock. Sorry for my english not my native language.

Solution
There are no front intake fans double checked its dark allready and im going to sleep tomorrow i will continue
Then get some fans and install.

Find spots at front, where fans can be installed.
Measure distance between screws.
Buy appropriate size fans and install.
Possible fan sizes are 80mm, 90mm, 120mm,140mm.

Your motherboard has 1 cpu fan header and 2 system fan headers. One system fan header should be free (SYS_FAN2 - bottom left side of the board).
If you're installing 2 additional fans, then use fan splitter, to connect 2 fans to single fan header.

4-pin_pwm_fan_splitter.jpg
Apr 4, 2021
This sounds like your CPU cooler is not installed properly or maybe the fans aren't spinning. Are ALL the fans inside your PC spinning when your computer is on? What CPU cooler do you have installed?

As i said everything is stock so cooler too, and yes all the fans are spinning ;/ its pre builded PC from the store

gtarayan

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
As i said everything is stock so cooler too, and yes all the fans are spinning ;/ its pre builded PC from the store

If you are comfortable with removing your CPU fan/heatsink, it might be not a bad idea to eliminate this variable as a possible concern. The worst case scenario, you simply end up with fresh quality CPU paste (worst case - bent CPU or mobo pins, so be careful!).

You will need: rubbing alcohol, clean rag, and a tube of thermal paste (don't forget that anti-static wrist band!).

Remove the heatsink/fan and clean the old paste off of your CPU surface (a dash of alcohol on the rag and ensure the CPU surface is totally clean). Apply your new paste to the CPU. Check out youtube videos if you are not sure how, such as this one:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2MEAnZ3swQ

Finally, remount the heatsink/fan.

Do this, and report back! If the propblem persists, you have an internal airflow issue which causes an excessive heat build up. We can help with that too.

The case this prebuilt is using looks to have very limited front airflow. Not sure what cooler it is using, however using the stock cooler combined with that case could produce pretty poor thermals.

Can you show a picture of the cooler by taking the side panel off? This should not void your warranty, just make sure there are no tamper seals first.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Apr 4, 2021
The case this prebuilt is using looks to have very limited front airflow. Not sure what cooler it is using, however using the stock cooler combined with that case could produce pretty poor thermals.

Can you show a picture of the cooler by taking the side panel off? This should not void your warranty, just make sure there are no tamper seals first.

Yes that one i can do since its msi i can open it but how do i send here the photo? https://postimg.cc/jWy0xCnh

Looks like the AMD Wraith Stealth, the stock cooler for this CPU. It does appear MSI removed the surround that says AMD on it, but that shouldn't matter.

This cooler is enough to keep the CPU at safe temperatures in a case with good airflow and no dust, but it will have issues keeping the CPU cool with that case and that much dust build up.

You don't need to remove the cooler in order to dust it. I would reccomend an air duster can and just blowing the dust off of the cooler and fans.

Apr 4, 2021
Looks like the AMD Wraith Stealth, the stock cooler for this CPU. It does appear MSI removed the surround that says AMD on it, but that shouldn't matter.

This cooler is enough to keep the CPU at safe temperatures in a case with good airflow and no dust, but it will have issues keeping the CPU cool with that case and that much dust build up.

You don't need to remove the cooler in order to dust it. I would reccomend an air duster can and just blowing the dust off of the cooler and fans.

Allright i have some air left ill try to remove the dust, i didnt thought it may be case since its like 4-5 months Thanks all

Apr 4, 2021
Front intake fans might help, but they would be rather choked for air by the lack of ventilation in the front of that case. I think it has a slit at the bottom for air, but not much more.

Make sure no auto overclocking is enabled in the bios.
which option is that? i duno if its auto oc or something but this CPU has something that boosts it up to 4.2 ghz i could turn it off somehow if i know how but this is a bit sad

Cannot do this my pc is still on warranty as i mentioned
I'm not saying you should open the case, but considering the shortages of PC parts happening right now, you probably wouldn't be getting warranty service in any timely manner if they would even "fix" the issue by replacing the thermal paste or the entire cooler. I don't know how true the rumors, but I've been read and hearing about people having their prebuilt systems or GPUs being fully refunded instead of repaired or replaced because new parts are just not available.

I personally wouldn't worry about the warranty when opening the system, because as long as you don't destroy your GPU, you shouldn't have too much problem replacing the other parts yourself if you somehow managed to destroy something. Repasting the CPU is very easy to do and may not even void your warranty assuming you don't change the heat-sink out and then try to get warranty service without putting the original cooler back.

You could just replace the cooler with a better tower cooler that uses the original mountings on the motherboard. As an example, there is this 92mm fan tower cooler that should fit in your case. https://www.newegg.com/rosewill-rocc-16003/p/N82E16835200114

Apr 4, 2021
I'm not saying you should open the case, but considering the shortages of PC parts happening right now, you probably wouldn't be getting warranty service in any timely manner if they would even "fix" the issue by replacing the thermal paste or the entire cooler. I don't know how true the rumors, but I've been read and hearing about people having their prebuilt systems or GPUs being fully refunded instead of repaired or replaced because new parts are just not available.

I personally wouldn't worry about the warranty when opening the system, because as long as you don't destroy your GPU, you shouldn't have too much problem replacing the other parts yourself if you somehow managed to destroy something. Repasting the CPU is very easy to do and may not even void your warranty assuming you don't change the heat-sink out and then try to get warranty service without putting the original cooler back.

You could just replace the cooler with a better tower cooler that uses the original mountings on the motherboard. As an example, there is this 92mm fan tower cooler that should fit in your case. https://www.newegg.com/rosewill-rocc-16003/p/N82E16835200114
well i can open the case and i did to make the photo few posts above, but i dont want to remove any parts i will try to remove the dust and in the worst case scenario try to turn off the turbo mode of cpu

Apr 4, 2021
The drives and RAM doesn't have anything to do with your CPU cooler that could be badly installed.

Bad CPU temperature can only be a few things.
  • Badly installed cooler
  • Thermal paste issue or the lack off
  • Overclocking software
you didnt understand what i said, i was saying about things i can do without losing warranty i know it has nothing to do with cpu temp...