Question Ryzen 5 3600 got hot

P0tluck94

Commendable
Nov 22, 2021
So I've had nothing but problems with this pc for the last couple months, first I thought the gpu was running hot (68-69°) come to find out its not hot but I'm still concerned as it never got over 62°-63° then boom it started out of no where, then internet drops out every couple hours on my pc only but this is the cpu section lol, yesterday I saw my cpu got to to 79° so I immidiately looked and saw it was in ryzen balance mode (no idea how it changed) I run it in high performance power mode with processor power state to 99% on minimum and maximum which keeps the cpu at 55°-58°, i don't have much money to start over but I'm highly considering a new case /mobo and cpu, and using this one for capture,, (mobo for higher vrms better cpu with better heatsink, I am debating on going back to Intel for cpu but I like amd so maybe a higher end model, case Lian li for the superior airflow) , but again I don't have alot of money especially with me being a stroke survivor that's in the process of getting dental implants, so while troubleshooting the cpu the volts reached 1.48 at full load at idle they are .98,

why does the cpu get so hot if I run it without a lowered processor state and not in ryzen high performance power mode? it's ran hot since I got it, 60° under light load when I got it 65-70 under heavy load in the beginning so I lowered the processor state to 99% which fixed that, 79° yesterday under full load so its gotten worse but it was also very hot yesterday (83° without my ac on) ? I do need a better cooler I was recommended the downdraft noctura (if that's how it spelled) but I have zero experience in thermal paste or pc building if I'm being honest, so my question, is the cpu messed up which is causing the high Temps on balanced mode without lowered processor state? If so what board /cpu would you recommend, if not what cpu cooler? I'm running the stock wraith thinking about throwing all this in a new case with better air flow, better cpu/cooler and using this cpu/mono and my old 1660 super for capture.

Last edited:
So I've had nothing but problems with this pc for the last couple months, first I thought the gpu was running hot (68-69°) come to find out its not hot but I'm still concerned as it never got over 62°-63° then boom it started out of no where, then internet drops out every couple hours on my pc only but this is the cpu section lol, yesterday I saw my cpu got to to 79° so I immidiately looked and saw it was in ryzen balance mode (no idea how it changed) I run it in high performance power mode with processor power state to 99% on minimum and maximum which keeps the cpu at 55°-58°, i don't have much money to start over but I'm highly considering a new case /mobo and cpu, and using this one for capture,, (mobo for higher vrms better cpu with better heatsink, I am debating on going back to Intel for cpu but I like amd so maybe a higher end model, case Lian li for the superior airflow) , but again I don't have alot of money especially with me being a stroke survivor that's in the process of getting dental implants, so while troubleshooting the cpu the volts reached 1.48 at full load at idle they are .98,

why does the cpu get so hot if I run it without a lowered processor state and not in ryzen high performance power mode? it's ran hot since I got it, 60° under light load when I got it 65-70 under heavy load in the beginning so I lowered the processor state to 99% which fixed that, 79° yesterday under full load so its gotten worse but it was also very hot yesterday (83° without my ac on) ? I do need a better cooler I was recommended the downdraft noctura (if that's how it spelled) but I have zero experience in thermal paste or pc building if I'm being honest, so my question, is the cpu messed up which is causing the high Temps on balanced mode without lowered processor state? If so what board /cpu would you recommend, if not what cpu cooler? I'm running the stock wraith thinking about throwing all this in a new case with better air flow, better cpu/cooler and using this cpu/mono and my old 1660 super for capture.
Looks like CPU cooler got loose. Check that and repaste if needed.