Daniel Gough

Honorable
May 8, 2015
i build a gaming PC for a mate a few months ago and i only recently got him to get RivaTuner to monitor his temps. Are these temps normal/safe? i know the Ryzen wraith stealth cooler isn't the best but wasn't expecting these temps to be so high while gaming he's hes getting normally between 82c-87c on call of duty war zone but earlier i was on black ops 3 custom zombies and his cpu temp got up to 90c i think it was quite a demanding map because i could hear my the fans on my liquid cooler speed up a bit. but idk is 90c safe
His specs are
Ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler
Zotac Gtx 1660 super
16gb 3200mhz corsair vengeance
corsair tx 550w
Giagyte B450m h
Case Cit seven
here's a picture of inside his case
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lb6L43moNfGCrPDtFs17dg4e0UKIGChX/view?usp=sharing

Any help would be apportioned thanks

he has his old gou in that photo but thats not relevant really

The temps are right on the edge of throttling the cpu. The issue is case air flow...1 fan in and 1 fan out is not good enough...especially for the stock cooler. I'd recommend investing in 2 good Noctua fans for the front intake and another for the top as exhaust. Even a quality after market cpu cooler will struggle in that case without proper airflow...when you add in the GPU dumping its heat into the case it's easy to see why it hits 85-90c.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Fan works by a pitched blade moving through air. This creates a low pressure area behind the blade. More blades, spinning faster = larger area of low pressure. And you stuck that rear exhaust right under a giant vent that's being fed by outside pressure of 14.7psi. Basically the rear exhaust isn't doing all that much to remove case heat, it's pulling in outside air and dumping it back out the back.

Air moving sideways really doesn't have any weight, or downwards pressure like the case top, so any higher pressure inside the case is made by the front intake fan, which isn't much since it has the ability to just go straight up out the top or back out the front. Doing next to nothing for airflow and heat removal.

In a nutshell, the front intake is doing almost nothing, the rear exhaust is circulating outside air and a gpu is exhausting up to an area broadcast cooler whose heat is pretty much just naturally vented out the top.

That pc needs help. In a big way. At least 1 more fan in front, right on top of the existing fan. Take cardboard or plastic and seal up the remaining gap in the front.

1 more exhaust fan at top/rear. Use plastic or cardboard to seal up the remaining top gap.

What you are doing is creating a tube with a fan at each end. What gets shoved in, is the only source for what gets pushed out. It's like a McDonald's straw in a coke. If the straw is whole, you get a mouthful of soda. If the straw has a crack in it, you get a mouthful of air. What you want is soda, and nothing but. Air comes into pc, picks up heat, gets pulled out taking heat with it.

Daniel Gough

Honorable
May 8, 2015
Fan works by a pitched blade moving through air. This creates a low pressure area behind the blade. More blades, spinning faster = larger area of low pressure. And you stuck that rear exhaust right under a giant vent that's being fed by outside pressure of 14.7psi. Basically the rear exhaust isn't doing all that much to remove case heat, it's pulling in outside air and dumping it back out the back.

Air moving sideways really doesn't have any weight, or downwards pressure like the case top, so any higher pressure inside the case is made by the front intake fan, which isn't much since it has the ability to just go straight up out the top or back out the front. Doing next to nothing for airflow and heat removal.

In a nutshell, the front intake is doing almost nothing, the rear exhaust is circulating outside air and a gpu is exhausting up to an area broadcast cooler whose heat is pretty much just naturally vented out the top.

That pc needs help. In a big way. At least 1 more fan in front, right on top of the existing fan. Take cardboard or plastic and seal up the remaining gap in the front.

1 more exhaust fan at top/rear. Use plastic or cardboard to seal up the remaining top gap.

What you are doing is creating a tube with a fan at each end. What gets shoved in, is the only source for what gets pushed out. It's like a McDonald's straw in a coke. If the straw is whole, you get a mouthful of soda. If the straw has a crack in it, you get a mouthful of air. What you want is soda, and nothing but. Air comes into pc, picks up heat, gets pulled out taking heat with it.
i ended up fixing the problem by changing the cpu voltage to 1.25 before it was running at about 1.44 while on a game it's took the cpu temps down by about 15c