[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 High Temps

BPR96

Reputable
Apr 3, 2020
After following a video on how to change the BIOS settings to help lower the temperature of the CPU my temps dropped a lot and stayed at a healthy temp when idle and when gaming (between 45-65 degree when gaming)

The last few days, however, I have noticed that the temperatures have increased significantly again. I am using HWInfo software to monitor my temperatures. When playing something pretty simple like Rocket League or Football Manager 2020, I noticed that my CPU temperatures are sitting between 72-78 degrees with the occasional peak up to around 86 degrees. I am not sure why they have suddenly arose again.

I am using the stock cooler, I have two intake fans and two exhaust fans (one on top, one on rear of case)

Anyone have any idea as to why my temps are reading high again after being reasonably low for the last couple of weeks, is it something to be concerned with?

Solution
How can i tell the difference between good cpu coolers? Im also having a bit the same problem with high temperatures with the 3600. Whats considered acceptable max temp during heavy workload?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tomshardware.com/amp/reviews/cooling-buying-guide,6105.html
This should help you to get started. You can follow other articles/videos too. Try going through reviews and comparisons, and you'll probably have an idea on which things you need to look for in a cooler.
Do note that not all CPU require the same amount of cooling muscle to stay cool.
Aug 20, 2020
How can i tell the difference between good cpu coolers? Im also having a bit the same problem with high temperatures with the 3600. Whats considered acceptable max temp during heavy workload?

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tomshardware.com/amp/reviews/cooling-buying-guide,6105.html
This should help you to get started. You can follow other articles/videos too. Try going through reviews and comparisons, and you'll probably have an idea on which things you need to look for in a cooler.
Do note that not all CPU require the same amount of cooling muscle to stay cool.

Solution