Question Ryzen 5 3600 how much power ?

Pcbuilder55

Honorable
Nov 27, 2015
I'm upgrading my build by going to ryzen 5 3600 and a msi x570 mobo. There are 4 pin plus 2 pin CPU connector on the mobo. I have a option of both on my psu, do I connect all 6 pins or just the 4?

I would look at your manual closely, expecting instead to see two 8 pin connectors labeled CPU-PWR1 and CPU- PWR2 in the upper corner, nearest to the IO shield...

Modern PSUs should have a pair of 8 pins, where each may split into 4+4...

Do not confuse PCI-e GPU PWR cables 8 and/or 6 pin with CPU PWR cables....!

Not sure what connectors you are referencing...

Pcbuilder55

Honorable
Nov 27, 2015
I would look at your manual closely, expecting instead to see two 8 pin connectors labeled CPU-PWR1 and CPU- PWR2 in the upper corner, nearest to the IO shield...

Modern PSUs should have a pair of 8 pins, where each may split into 4+4...

Do not confuse PCI-e GPU PWR cables 8 and/or 6 pin with CPU PWR cables....!

Not sure what connectors you are referencing...
I'm referring to the CPU pwr 1 and pwr 2. Just wanted to know if I hook up both or just the one

Most the times even with motherboard with 2x 8pin if you connect only the one it will probably work just fine. If you watch videos that review motherboard vrm's especially for asrock motherboard with 8pin + 4pin the vrm's will never need that 4pin anyway because of the limits. If your psu have 2 cpu 8pin cables then plug both 8pin and 4pin you dont have something to lose. If not then just plug the 8pin.

Pcbuilder55

Honorable
Nov 27, 2015
Most the times even with motherboard with 2x 8pin if you connect only the one it will probably work just fine. If you watch videos that review motherboard vrm's especially for asrock motherboard with 8pin + 4pin the vrm's will never need that 4pin anyway because of the limits. If your psu have 2 cpu 8pin cables then plug both 8pin and 4pin you dont have something to lose. If not then just plug the 8pin.
Ok totally different question now, I just finished putting everything together and PC womt turn on. Have checking psu switch, the small pw switch on the bottom of mobo seems all is connected but no power at all

Latest posts