Question Ryzen 5 3600 Idle temp very hot

Oct 29, 2019
Hi, yesterday I helped my friend to build his first computer, it's also the first time I built a ryzen pc being faithful to intel. We tested the components on the cardboard box to make sure everything works, When we went into the BIOS we saw the CPU (ryzen 5 3600) at 60°C, we checked the cooling assembly (stock wraith stealth) and changed the thermal paste for the mx-4 I had left, when we switched on again we noticed temperatures of 55°C now so we look at the assembly again but the paste is well applied. So we finish to build the PC and install windows while staying well in front of the CPU light on the motherboard that would indicate Thermal throlling but the LED never lit.
As soon as Windows was installed we noticed the same temperatures of 55-60°C idle, a cinebench test r20 raises the temperatures towards 85°C and once finished falls back directly to 55-60°C. We tested different fan speed even 100% the temperatures are exactly the same.
People say that these temperatures are quite safe for the processor,
but if people can get up to 35C idle, it's not normal.
We looked at the voltages which goes up to 1.445v I tried 1.25v to test but still the same yet the voltages are applied, Precision Overide boost is set to off.
We tested a little bit everything on the internet but without any result.
Do you have any ideas if you are familiar with ryzen temperature.

Parts:
MB: Asus TUF B550 plus wifi
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
COOLING: stock cooler wraith stealth
RAM: Corsair vangeance LPX 3000Mhz 8GBx2
GPU: Zotac gtx 1660
PSU: Bequiet 400w
CASE : Aerocool bolt mini

tshinhar

Honorable
May 27, 2015
Try looking for any core enhancement features in the bios, turn everything off.
Set voltage manually as low as you can go
At this point If the temperature Dosent change try to test it outside of the case
Other then that it might be a bad sensor....

Oct 29, 2019
Try looking for any core enhancement features in the bios, turn everything off.
Set voltage manually as low as you can go
At this point If the temperature Dosent change try to test it outside of the case
Other then that it might be a bad sensor....

Every core enhancement features are turned off , and Vcore is manually set to 1.25, i am the same idea that a bad sensor because there is really no reason why it run so hot.
Btw out of the case same results, and by touching the metal heatsink I don't feel really that much heat.
I guess i will try BIOS update and if it doesn't work than i would suppose DOA.

TRENDING THREADS