Question Ryzen 5 3600 is getting stuck in a 0-100% usage loop on 2 cores

connorb389

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
Hi! So I have noticed an issue as of late, after playing games for a while, basically anything that will engage my CPU to an above idle usage for an extended period of time, 2 of my CPU cores, #1 and #2 are getting stuck in an endless 0-100% usage loop. By loop I mean the usage jumps from 0-100%, stays there for a second or more, and then immediately comes back down, and then repeats. Seemingly forever, that is until I open task manager and it appears to "unlock" it from the loop. I have tested this with other programs and nothing else other than task manager has this effect on my CPU while it is stuck in a loop. It does not affect my performance as far as I know, but it does prevent my computer from ever going into idle, and leaves the temperature at one that is considerably higher than my 29 degrees idle temp.

I have no viruses, I am 100% sure that I have not a single virus on my entire PC, after doing searches with multiple different paid solutions.

The CPU is like 2 months old, this is a relatively new build.

The power plan I select has absolutely no bearing on the outcome, no matter what I choose, either Ryzen Balanced, or Ryzen Performance will still warrant the same results. An endless usage loop, which is really starting to annoy me as I cannot find a fix.

Please someone help me!

connorb389

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
Are the latest chipset drivers installed? BIOS up-to-date?
Yes they are, I made sure of that before further troubleshooting.

My Motherboard is an Aorus Elite B450. I know the x570 is better suited to ryzen 3rd gen, but this should not be an issue, and appears to be software based as the problem goes away after I open task manager and does not happen while task manager to monitor.

P.S I use MSI afterburner to monitor all CPU usage whilst task manager is closed, afterburner is not wrong, as Ryzen Master will show the exact same results.

EDIT: I updated my BIOS from the second highest to f50, the latest, it did not fix the issue. An interesting note is that instead of cores #1 and #2 spiking from 0-100% constantly it is now cores #9 and #10.

Last edited:

connorb389

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
UPDATE FOR EVERYONE: I used Malwarebytes to do a full scan and it detected multiple trojan viruses. Whether they were true viruses or not is unknown to me, but this fixed my problem.

If anyone else is reading this, please be careful what you delete, as even though it may be marked as a trojan virus, it might not be. For example I have multiple custom files that are detected as trojan due to their functionality, but are not, and deleting them would set me back requiring me to remake them.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help!

Reactions: fluidz

TRENDING THREADS