[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 is overheating ?

Feb 15, 2022
Hey, so i just recently built a new pc with a ryzen 5 3600 gtx 1050 ti 4gb in this This Case with stock cooler (with pre-applied thermal paste) and a old 800rpm fan as an exhaust (as well as the fans that come with this case) but when I tried to use cinebench 23 my pc just turned off so i did it again with a software monitoring program open.

It turns out that the reason it shut off was because it was reaching 115 degrees celsius in about 15-20 seconds with an ambient temperature of 20 degrees celsius. I even tried taking off the front panel but that did nothing. Here is my build if you need to reference to it: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8LJYJM

Does anyone know any way I could solve this issue on a budget ? I would greatly appreciate any help and if you need more info just say so.

Solution
Sounds like you need to check CPU is secure and/or use different Thermal Paste.
make sure fan is spinning on CPU as well

What are temps like at idle?

case should be able to keep CPU cool.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Solution
Feb 15, 2022

Ok! My idle temps are 45-50 but it turns out that if i unplug my cpu fan i jumps to 55-65 which isent much hotter I gusse i will try new thermal paste

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
Hey, so i just recently built a new pc with a ryzen 5 3600 gtx 1050 ti 4gb in this This Case with stock cooler (with pre-applied thermal paste) and a old 800rpm fan as an exhaust (as well as the fans that come with this case) but when I tried to use cinebench 23 my pc just turned off so i did it again with a software monitoring program open.

It turns out that the reason it shut off was because it was reaching 115 degrees celsius in about 15-20 seconds with an ambient temperature of 20 degrees celsius. I even tried taking off the front panel but that did nothing. Here is my build if you need to reference to it: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8LJYJM

Does anyone know any way I could solve this issue on a budget ? I would greatly appreciate any help and if you need more info just say so.
R5 3600 always comes with a wraith spire cooler which is mediocre, better check the mounting and if possible use a good thermal paste, you get a stock paste already in there but its not good, just check the mounting an replace the paste, if cooler mounting is the problem.