Aug 8, 2019
Hi guys, I’m currently planning to build my first PC and i’m looking at the new R5 3600.
I will be using it for games (mostly csgo want to have around 350fps) and programming. What do you think of this build? Are they compatible with each other? I am still thinking about overclocking as I’m not sure if it decreases the lifespan of the cpu.

Ryzen 5 3600
GPU : RX 570 4gb
MOB : B450i Gaming Plus
MEM : 2x 8gb 3200C14
SSD : 128gb (SATA?)
HDD : 1Tb(?)
PSU : Corsair VS 500w

Also, I’d like to play on a 144hz 1080p monitor

Also, is it possible to have a larger SSD w/o HDD? Is it worth it? I am a beginner and want to learn more about building a pc.

Hi guys, I’m currently planning to build my first PC and i’m looking at the new R5 3600.
I will be using it for games (mostly csgo want to have around 350fps) and programming. What do you think of this build? Are they compatible with each other? I am still thinking about overclocking as I’m not sure if it decreases the lifespan of the cpu.

Ryzen 5 3600
GPU : RX 570 4gb
MOB : B450i Gaming Plus
MEM : 2x 8gb 3200C14
SSD : 128gb (SATA?)
HDD : 1Tb(?)
PSU : Corsair VS 500w

Also, I’d like to play on a 144hz 1080p monitor

Also, is it possible to have a larger SSD w/o HDD? Is it worth it? I am a beginner and want to learn more about building a pc.

One at a time -

The build is good though I would suggest moving to a quality 600 or 650 watt power supply. As far as compatability make sure you check the motherboard makers website for memory they've tested and qualified as working on their board. There's zero reason to manually overclock the 3600...just set XFR and PBO in the BIOS and let it overclock itself. You should have no problem gaming on a 144hz monitor just don't expect to hit 144 fps with the RX 570 in most games...as long as you pick a Freesync monitor you'll get a great gaming experience anyway. As far as HHD vs SSD you can grab a 1 tb SSD for under 100 bucks these days...theres no reason to use an old spinner any more unless you have a very specific reason...I haven't used a HHD in my computer in years.

Reactions: Xxxorb
Aug 8, 2019
One at a time -

The build is good though I would suggest moving to a quality 600 or 650 watt power supply. As far as compatability make sure you check the motherboard makers website for memory they've tested and qualified as working on their board. There's zero reason to manually overclock the 3600...just set XFR and PBO in the BIOS and let it overclock itself. You should have no problem gaming on a 144hz monitor just don't expect to hit 144 fps with the RX 570 in most games...as long as you pick a Freesync monitor you'll get a great gaming experience anyway. As far as HHD vs SSD you can grab a 1 tb SSD for under 100 bucks these days...theres no reason to use an old spinner any more unless you have a very specific reason...I haven't used a HHD in my computer in years.
Thanks a lot! Is there really a difference between choosing PSU brands?

Oh.. you meant the compatibility of the specified motherboard with the R5 3600?

I think I would go that Freesync monitor. I just want a decent to good gaming experience. Will upgrade my GPU later on.

For ~600:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($198.90 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4-F Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($73.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: ADATA SU635 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($47.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($42.23 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 4 GB PULSE Video Card ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake Versa H18 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12III 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($55.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $644.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-09 10:33 EDT-0400

500 gb ssd is beneficial as <70% occupancy has fastest speed. it is not the watts of psu that causes concern, but the quality. This is better than VS model.

Thanks a lot! Is there really a difference between choosing PSU brands?

Oh.. you meant the compatibility of the specified motherboard with the R5 3600?

I think I would go that Freesync monitor. I just want a decent to good gaming experience. Will upgrade my GPU later on.

Yes there's a huge difference between power supply brands...stay away from discount brands like Rosewill...buy a quality supply like a Seasonic.

The motherboard you pick needs to be compatible with the memory and CPU you decide to go with...always check the motherboard website for both CPU and memory compatibility before buying...you'll save yourself from needless aggravation troubleshooting incompatible hardware issues.