[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 Mounted on 2 Screws

Apr 17, 2020
Hi All,

I have recently upgraded my computer by upgrading the RAM/MOBO/CPU. I went for the following:
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • Gigabyte b450 aorus m
  • 16gb Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz

My other PC specs are as follows:

• MSI RX 480x
  • 500w PSU
  • 500gb SSD (Crucial)
  • 1tb Hard drive (WD)

The cooler I was trying to use is a cooler master hyper 212 evo but the bracket (AM4) didn't seem to reach all corners on the motherboard (did on my previous one!) which I found really confusing, as online it states this is compatible. I adjusted the bracket and now the 2 diagonal corners are fastened in, it is tight as I tried giving the cooler a good pull side to side.

My question is, is this safe? Why didn't it work as it should have? Any ideas?

In addition to this, when launching COD I got a memory management BSOD. I reduced the clock speed of the RAM to 3133mhz and it seems to have fixed the problem. Any ideas why this would be?

Solution
in order asked
no its not safe
the AM4 socket requires an adapter for older 212 evo that shipped before AM4 was released.
order the adapter from CM or get a new cooler like I did, I got the Gammax 400, the adapters were out of stock.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
in order asked
no its not safe
the AM4 socket requires an adapter for older 212 evo that shipped before AM4 was released.
order the adapter from CM or get a new cooler like I did, I got the Gammax 400, the adapters were out of stock.

Solution