[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 nearly beats Intel i9 9900K

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
Ryzen 5 3600 nearly beats Intel i9 9900K and this true? Or just fan modified. When users get the hands on these Ryzen Processors will perform as the benchmarks states?
AMD-Ryzen-5-3600-X470-Tests-2.jpg

Intel still ahead in gaming?

Last edited:
Solution
Apparently, a source got an early version of the chip from AMD and the source is usually correct tho it is still considered early so the performance could be better we will just have to wait for July and hope these are decently spot on

JaSoN_cRuZe

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
Most likely that will be the case since benchmarks are trustworthy when the processor is about to be released.

This benchmark is not based on optimal conditions and still performs on par with 9900K, hope it does well with x570 chipset.

As I've said before: reaching parity is an excellent result for AMD. You can still argue Intel is ahead in pure FPS numbers, but the difference is really marginal now (if those numbers are to be fully trusted). And in that vein, that review looks legit to me, as it is not the first time they've done it.

I like how the Ry3600X is now the direct replacement to the i7 8700K (and maybe the i7 9800K).

This is making the hype train go faster, but I think this time is fully justified.

Cheers!

Reactions: AngelTech
So I want to quickly give a update a YouTuber called UFDTech is sceptical about the benchmarks due to 1. The site not showing the chip without it being blurry
2. Being way too ahead of release date
So I would take the benchmarks with a tiny grain of salt as I do believe the points he made due to the nature of the benchmarks

Cinebench r15 is already obsolete, it can't put enough load on Ryzen to get best out of it. R20 is closer but still can't load Ryzen (at lest) to maximum. It may show close to or 100% load but I can plainly see that it doesn't show max power used. Besides.it's benchmark based on Maxon Cinema 4D needs, not gaming.