Question Ryzen 5 3600 not working with Asrock a320m mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2020
I have a:

asrock a320m mb,
gtx 1050 ti,
current cpu is r3 1200 but trying to install r5 3600.

My pc will start with the fans spinning and lights turning on, but no display will happen and I can’t use the pc. I have seen multiple reasons to as why, just not sure what the correct answer is. Should I be updated to the latest 3.0 bios? Not sure what to do.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Which bios is on the motherboard right now?

download hwinfo,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
in the main window at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "Summary for Clipboard",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
copy by clicking "copy to clipboard" and rightclick+paste in your next respons
this lately includes bios as well.

Forgot you can't use the pc, can you get into the bios with your problem? With the old cpu it still works?

May 13, 2020
Which bios is on the motherboard right now?

this lately includes bios as well.

Forgot you can't use the pc, can you get into the bios with your problem? With the old cpu it still works?
The old cpu still works and I can get into the bios. I have cpu z, atleast I think that’s what it’s called, and it said I had version 2.0

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Means a few steps to take.

1) update to the latest chipset drivers. Link is above. Just choose chipsets->socket AM4->A320. Download and install.

2) after that update the bios to version 3.20

3) would then update the bios to version 5.30

See if the new cpu is supported right now. If it is could you update the bios to version 5.90, but that would likely mean that your Ryzen 1200 isn't well supported after that.

Do update the bios via the tool in the bios. Click the "Instant Flash" for instructions. I would use the usb (=Instant Flash) and not rely on the internet option.

May 13, 2020

1) update to the latest chipset drivers. Link is above. Just choose chipsets->socket AM4->A320. Download and install.

See if the new cpu is supported right now. If it is could you update the bios to version 5.90, but that would likely mean that your Ryzen 1200 isn't well supported after that.

Do update the bios via the tool in the bios. Click the "Instant Flash" for instructions. I would use the usb (=Instant Flash) and not rely on the internet option.
The link is the hwinfo? And I tried downloading 5.90 and put it on a flash drive, it’s telling me still no image file detected. Should I try just the 5.30?

May 13, 2020

I’m all set I got it up and working. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Vic 40
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS