[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 not working

Nov 15, 2019
Hi i just got the new Ryzen 5 3600 and also a RX 570 but when i installed them both the PC turned on but on the display it showed only the no VGA Signal.
My specs are
CPU Ryzen 5 3600
GPU RX 570 4gb
MB Asrock ab350m pro4
PSU RM650x corsair
Ram hyperx 2x4gb 2400

Solution
Exactly yes, with Ryzens, a cpu is a cpu only, an apu is both cpu and igpu. So the motherboard connector is for APU use only. With a standard Ryzen, the video output comes from the gpu, so you use its connectors, not the motherboard.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No i got it plugged to the mb and it doesnt turn on even if i dont connect the gpu

There is no igpu in the 3600, it's different from the 2200G which is an APU and has a igpu. Meaning you will never get any signal from the motherboard connector unless you use a 2200G, 2400G, 3400G etc.

Your motherboard is setup so that if you use an APU, you have a video output connector.

For the 3600, you absolutely need a discrete gpu and the monitor must be plugged into it, not the motherboard connector.

Reactions: Valdrin98
Nov 15, 2019
There is no igpu in the 3600, it's different from the 2200G which is an APU and has a igpu. Meaning you will never get any signal from the motherboard connector unless you use a 2200G, 2400G, 3400G etc.

Your motherboard is setup so that if you use an APU, you have a video output connector.

For the 3600, you absolutely need a discrete gpu and the monitor must be plugged into it, not the motherboard connector.
So does that mean that i have to install the cpu and gpu and then connect the monitor to the gpu and then it should work?

So does that mean that i have to install the cpu and gpu and then connect the monitor to the gpu and then it should work?
Yes.
Note that Ryzen boards may take a LONG time to boot on first try - like a couple minutes. When you see the CPU fan spinning, keep it running. If by any chance the CPU fan stops spinning right after you switch the power on, you must reset the CMOS (there's a CLR_CMOS jumper on the board, bridge it with a screwdriver for a couple second when the power is completely off).
Then try booting again.