Jul 14, 2019
Hello,

I just got the Ryzen 5 3600. Performance is great, but it seems to be loading up only one core in games (core number #2) bringing the temps on that core up to 90 degrees Celsius. Now, I could understand this if it were the only core being loaded up, but using Cinebench to test it properly brings all cores up to 100% load and brings the temp up on core #2 to 94 degrees again. All other cores at 100% load sit around 50 degrees max, while this one is hitting over the 90 mark easy.

I am using HWMonitor to check temps. I have also removed the cooler, replaced the thermal paste and it behaves exactly the same. I put rubber spaces on the backing plate as the cooler was bottoming out on the studs on the backing plate. I was hoping to give the cooler extra seating strength but it made no difference at all. I have also updated the bios thinking this might help, but it made no difference either. I've tried some other sensor software and everything shows this core getting WAY hotter (over 30 degrees in some cases)

I called the computer shop and they said that I might need an aftermarket cooler. I could understand that if every core was sitting at over 90 degrees but under an even load it is just one core sitting that high.

I'm a little bit disappointed as I have never had this trouble with any Intel products before. I kind of regret getting the Ryzen :'(.

Thanks for any help or advise anyone can offer.

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
Sounds like a bios problem tbh.But try Hwinfo 64 as i had a problem with hwmonitor that said my cpu boost to 5ghz :D and i have the ryzen 5 2600.

PS:Bro try cooling a 9900k and speak again.Just because you have a problem doesn't make amd bad.You just are unlucky.

Jul 14, 2019
Thanks for your reply.

I just tried Hwinfo 64 and it displays the same temp :*(. I wouldn't actually mind if all the temps were rising to that level as I would understand that just a upgrade in coolers would make a difference. But being one core, its just so disappointing to see as what the hell could I even do to start to solve this problem.

I think I need a new CPU or new motherboard as something is definitely wrong with one of these.

Thinking about getting a total refund and going the Intel route, a i5 9600k would be perfect I'm thinking.