[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 or 3700x?

Solution
If you don't mind the added cost, having two extra cores to spare for background tasks rarely hurts and they MAY come in handy in future games.

For most casual gaming, the 3600 should be good enough for many years to come. Where competitive gaming is concerned, you may want to wait and see if AMD is going to release a reasonably priced 5600 along with a few other SKUs in early 2021 to spoil Intel's 11th-gen launch.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
It depends on what you use your PC for.
I have a 3700x that I chose for light gaming, video encoding and streaming via Jellyfin.
If all I did was browse the web and play games I would have gotten a 3600.

So I'd recommend a 3600 for Gaming and lower threaded workloads or a 3700x for multi threaded workloads.

Last edited:

lordofthenecklaces

Commendable
Mar 7, 2019
It depends on what you use your PC for.
I have a 3700x that I chose for light gaming, video encoding and streaming via Jellyfin.
If all I did was browse the web and play games I would have gotten a 3600.

So I'd recommend a 3600 for Gaming and lower threaded workloads or a 3700x for multi threaded workloads.
I mainly play games on pc.I dont stream or do any encoding etc.

InvalidError

Titan
If you don't mind the added cost, having two extra cores to spare for background tasks rarely hurts and they MAY come in handy in future games.

For most casual gaming, the 3600 should be good enough for many years to come. Where competitive gaming is concerned, you may want to wait and see if AMD is going to release a reasonably priced 5600 along with a few other SKUs in early 2021 to spoil Intel's 11th-gen launch.

Solution

lordofthenecklaces

Commendable
Mar 7, 2019

Well ı have a very limited budget since ı also have to buy a motherboard and a new pair of rams.I think ım going to go for ryzen 3600.From what ı have seen it offers more fps on newly released games

TRENDING THREADS