[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 Overclock temp good enough to keep 24/7?

ShadowRD

Distinguished
May 3, 2016
The thing is, if i left stock setting for the CPU (Ryzen 5 3600), the temp idle is almost identical (if not better) to overclock at 4.5mhz with 1.24v

could i run this setting all the time and avoid the process of restart-change setting every time i want to play a game, or should i set it only when i need it?

hwinfo64 gaming:
Capture-While-Gaming.png

no gaming (normal use):
Capture.png

thanks in advance!!

Solution
The thing is, if i left stock setting for the CPU (Ryzen 5 3600), the temp idle is almost identical (if not better) to overclock at 4.5mhz with 1.24v

could i run this setting all the time and avoid the process of restart-change setting every time i want to play a game, or should i set it only when i need it?

hwinfo64 gaming:
Capture-While-Gaming.png

no gaming (normal use):
Capture.png

thanks in advance!!
The temp to watch is the AVERAGE column of the CPU Die (average) sensor. In the upper one that's 67.5C, which is quite good. Even the instantaneous max is only 74C, still good and very safe. Be good to reset the sensor averaging periods (the little clock...

hwinfo64 gaming:
Capture-While-Gaming.png

no gaming (normal use):
Capture.png

thanks in advance!!
The temp to watch is the AVERAGE column of the CPU Die (average) sensor. In the upper one that's 67.5C, which is quite good. Even the instantaneous max is only 74C, still good and very safe. Be good to reset the sensor averaging periods (the little clock icon at bottom of HWINfo sensor screens) then run your gaming for a bit and recheck that average column to see if it's holding.

1.25V is generally considered a safe fixed voltage for 24/7. I'd say it's good to stay as-is so long as it remains stable for you. Heavier processing (like video rendering for instance) may not be.

Solution

ShadowRD

Distinguished
May 3, 2016
The temp to watch is the AVERAGE column of the CPU Die (average) sensor. In the upper one that's 67.5C, which is quite good. Even the instantaneous max is only 74C, still good and very safe. Be good to reset the sensor averaging periods (the little clock icon at bottom of HWINfo sensor screens) then run your gaming for a bit and recheck that average column to see if it's holding.

1.25V is generally considered a safe fixed voltage for 24/7. I'd say it's good to stay as-is so long as it remains stable for you. Heavier processing (like video rendering for instance) may not be.

Thanks. i do reset the sensor sometimes to see if the average temp has some difference.