[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 Overclocking Question

May 14, 2020
Hi, I would like to know if these voltages could potentially harm my system or cause performance issues. I have looked around online and seen other peoples overclock results with 1.3v+ and so on. I see frequently in tech videos that overclocking is all about finding the best clock increase along with the lowest voltage. In my case, I have overclocked my Ryzen 5 3600 to 4.2ghz on all cores with a mere 1.1375 volts. I have run all stability tests such as Cinnebench R20 Multiple times along with an hour-long Prime95 Stress Test with no issues as of yet. Also streamed/recorded with multiple games with no issues to report. So my question is everything alright? or should I try something else?

My Specs are:
Ryzen 5 3600
RX 5700 XT XFX Thicc II
16gb 3200mhz Corsair Vengence Pro RGB
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Corsair H100x AIO
1TB NVME SSD Crucial
Seasonic M12II 650w Power Supply
Phanteks P400s Case

https://media.discordapp.net/attach...194255663124/unknown.png?width=832&height=468

Solution
Hmm, that's kinda odd. When I run Cinebench on my 1600x i hit about 66-67c on air. Prime though will creep up to about 78-80c. I would have thought there would be a difference for you too. But it may be your AIO is keeping things nicely in check.

That's a good call on the PSU for the pricing. As mentioned it is decent, and is often recommended. So not a bad buy.

Since, things look relatively okay (I had to squint with my glasses on, as the pic wasn't high res so couldn't zoom)with HWMon, sit back and enjoy. You've put it under various loads, it's responding fine, so go with it.
Hey there,

Well, Cinebench even on a run, won't make your CPU too hot. What Prime test are you running? It should be small fft's only. This will give a true idea of your stability with the low voltage.

But, if indeed it passes Prime95 with such low voltage, I'd be happy as Larry :)

What temps are you getting with the AIO?

Might consider swapping out your PSU for something a bit stronger for an OC'ed system. It's a decent PSU, but I'd be thinking of a gold unit, with better quality for that system.

May 14, 2020
Thanks for the fast response. Yes, that is the test I was running on Prime95. in the screenshot, I attached it shows my temps when running cinnebench. https://media.discordapp.net/attach...194255663124/unknown.png?width=832&height=468

I do not have a screenshot with Prime95 as it takes a while to run however from what i remember when i run the test it was pretty much the same as after the cinnebench within 1/2 degrees.

Main reason i purchased this Power Supply over a gold rated 80+ was because it was almost 35% off and for that price for a fully modular unit i could not turn it down.

Hmm, that's kinda odd. When I run Cinebench on my 1600x i hit about 66-67c on air. Prime though will creep up to about 78-80c. I would have thought there would be a difference for you too. But it may be your AIO is keeping things nicely in check.

That's a good call on the PSU for the pricing. As mentioned it is decent, and is often recommended. So not a bad buy.

Since, things look relatively okay (I had to squint with my glasses on, as the pic wasn't high res so couldn't zoom)with HWMon, sit back and enjoy. You've put it under various loads, it's responding fine, so go with it.

Solution
May 14, 2020
Apologize on the screenshot, Was fine when i captured it. It must have compressed itself or something. Thanks for the response. I shall keep things as they are then. Much appreciated.