[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 Peak speed

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
I have Ryzen balanced mode enabled most of time at idle or while browsing, The processor peak speed maintains between 440 - 580 mhz, but suddenly it spikes upto 1800mhz and comes back to low 400s, is this normal to RYZEN series?, and the peak core voltage varies form 1.0 - 1.3. is this normal for Ryzen?

The idle temperature hovers between 41 - 43, and it increases to 47 when there is spike to 1800mhz and then comes back in the next second back to low 40s.

Solution
I have Ryzen balanced mode enabled most of time at idle or while browsing, The processor peak speed maintains between 440 - 580 mhz, but suddenly it spikes upto 1800mhz and comes back to low 400s, is this normal to RYZEN series?, and the peak core voltage varies form 1.0 - 1.3. is this normal for Ryzen?

The idle temperature hovers between 41 - 43, and it increases to 47 when there is spike to 1800mhz and then comes back in the next second back to low 40s.
That is normal behavior regardless of CPU. Since desktop CPUs were enabled with laptop power saving technology that allows the CPU to down clock at idle, the "random" clock jumps are normal. Idle is actually a misnomer for a computer. While you might not be doing anything...

That is normal behavior regardless of CPU. Since desktop CPUs were enabled with laptop power saving technology that allows the CPU to down clock at idle, the "random" clock jumps are normal. Idle is actually a misnomer for a computer. While you might not be doing anything, there are always things happening in the background for the OS. These small tasks don't need much CPU power, but to make them go faster the OS will jump the clock speed a little bit. This behavior is nothing to worry about.

Reactions: coolraveen
Solution

TRENDING THREADS