Question Ryzen 5 3600 Phanteks Evolv Shift

Dec 18, 2019
Greetings forum!

As you can probably tell by the title, I’m not very smart. Cooling a fairly hot chip in a fairly horrible airflow case. This being said, I’m looking for any ideas on cooling to reduce temps. I idle (desktop doing nothing) in the mid 50’s.

My cooling solution is the Enermax Aquafusion 120mm (I’ve ordered a Noctua fan to put on the radiator). Changing this is not really something I want to do because it matches my aesthetic so completely. I am using an Innovation Cooling graphite pad instead of thermal paste. I don’t believe the pad adds any significant temps as my wife’s PC, albeit using an older CPU, doesn’t see much difference between paste and the pad. I am still open to pastes, I just don’t think it will be an ultimate solution.

To sum everything up, I’m looking to see if anything can be done to this setup to reduce idle temps. I’m open to playing with the Bios like undervolting and such (I have no idea how to do any of that). I might also just have to deal with it considering my case choice and that’s something I’m willing to live with.

Kim Jong Greg

Prominent
Jul 16, 2019
This being said, I’m looking for any ideas on cooling to reduce temps. I idle (desktop doing nothing) in the mid 50’s.

My cooling solution is the Enermax Aquafusion 120mm (I’ve ordered a Noctua fan to put on the radiator). Changing this is not really something I want to do because it matches my aesthetic so completely.

I am running a 3600X OC to 4100Mhz (Core Voltage 1.351v) on a different 120mm AIO (Deepcool Captain, also a stylistic choice). Fresh build, so still experimenting. What board are you on?

I worked on my fan curves through FanXpert4 (part of the Asus AI Suite 3) a little bit, so that I idle at between 38.5-45C. This morning I was in the 50s and progress is slow overall. What fans are you running and in which config?

TRENDING THREADS