[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 Power Deviation In Red Playing Division 2

FaelanTM

Prominent
Sep 2, 2020
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
Mobo - ASrock B450 Fatality K4 Gaming - latest Bios
GPU - MSI Gaming X - Nvidia 1660 non-super

Hello guys, just curious as i read whole day on the internet about that feature of AMD Ryzen - Power Deviation but didnt understand much i wanna ask here too .... I have zero problems idle ( no red numbers, nothing ) but When i start streaming ( StreamLab ) or i start Division 2 while loading HWinfo shows Minimal Power Deviation in red like 85%-60% etc than while playing its okay again 100%+.....

Then i read that this only matters when the CPU is on FULL LOAD ( 100%) and i tested it with CinebenchR23 Multi-core and everything is fine Minimal is like 95% ( and not red )

Playing Division my CPU load is like 25%-30% Loading -40% or smth - but why it drops to 80-60% in Power Deviation ? and turns in to red number ???

Is it something i have to worry about or its wrong reading/normal - when its not under FULL load ( CPU ) ??

View: https://imgur.com/2ufc4pm
- Idle PC ( not playing anything )

View: https://imgur.com/VgliI8r
- playing Division 2 ( it drops only in the beginning-loading screen before the menu )

I'll appreciate any help...... to understand what it is and how it works

Solution

Also i tested with CinebenchR23 as i said and everything is normal no red numbers nothing -
I believe that's the test the author of HWInfo says to use for checking Power Reporting Deviation for a motherboard. If your board is reporting 100% +/- 10% he says it's about as good...or accurate... as you could expect. In any other work loads it will not work correctly so you'll get power reporting deviation reading that are off... sometimes very far off.

With all- black readings in CB23 I'd say you're good and you can trust the actual CPU core current, core power and package power readings to be relatively accurate for your motherboard.

Read also this blurb in the HWInfo forums about power reporting deviation. "The...

Lutfij

Titan
Might want to read this article and the updated post by AMD. To also add, not all motherboard makers ill adhere to a strict code since they will also need to look out for profits which will mean lower tier boards with lower tier power delivery modules. The Fatal1ty range used to have some good quality boards in the past but the Gaming moniker has now turned out to be another name for bottom of the barrel" brand range/series.

By latest BIOS version, what version are you on? What version of Windows 10 are you on?

Reactions: FaelanTM

FaelanTM

Prominent
Sep 2, 2020
Might want to read this article and the updated post by AMD. To also add, not all motherboard makers ill adhere to a strict code since they will also need to look out for profits which will mean lower tier boards with lower tier power delivery modules. The Fatal1ty range used to have some good quality boards in the past but the Gaming moniker has now turned out to be another name for bottom of the barrel" brand range/series.

By latest BIOS version, what version are you on? What version of Windows 10 are you on?

Bios is 4.80 - the latest one in their website

Windows 10 version is 2004 didnt updated to 20H2

Also i dont think its the board it only does that on Division 2 when starting then its normal - if i FAST TRAVEL in the game then it drops again ( something like light load and it drops or cant read accurate or smth idk :D

Also i tested with CinebenchR23 as i said and everything is normal no red numbers nothing - passes the test for deviation but while playing (loading screen of Division 2 ) ot Stream Labs (streaming League Of Legends ) it drops to 80ish

Last edited:

Also i tested with CinebenchR23 as i said and everything is normal no red numbers nothing -
I believe that's the test the author of HWInfo says to use for checking Power Reporting Deviation for a motherboard. If your board is reporting 100% +/- 10% he says it's about as good...or accurate... as you could expect. In any other work loads it will not work correctly so you'll get power reporting deviation reading that are off... sometimes very far off.

With all- black readings in CB23 I'd say you're good and you can trust the actual CPU core current, core power and package power readings to be relatively accurate for your motherboard.

Read also this blurb in the HWInfo forums about power reporting deviation. "The Stilt" is a well-known enthusiast who's done as much (or more) than anyone else to roll back the shrouds of mystery surrounding Ryzen architecture. So he's pretty trustworthy with what he's telling us.

Reactions: FaelanTM
Solution

FaelanTM

Prominent
Sep 2, 2020

Read also this blurb in the HWInfo forums about power reporting deviation. "The Stilt" is a well-known enthusiast who's done as much (or more) than anyone else to roll back the shrouds of mystery surrounding Ryzen architecture. So he's pretty trustworthy with what he's telling us.

Thank you dude ... finally ill be able to use it in peace :D