[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 rebooting.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 13, 2020
Hi all. I have experiencing problems with my Ryzen 5 3600. These are my specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Cooler: Stock AMD cooler. Now, changed to Cooler Master Hyper 212 cooler.
MoBo: MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max. Initially with the stock BIOS (2019-06-11).
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16.
Graphics card: Sapphire Radeon X480 8GB.
PSU: Nox urano VX 750W
2SSD and 2HDD
Windows 10.

The problem is that since 2-3 weeks (although really haven't tried games since mounted the PC), the PC randomly rebooted after playing different actual games except those with low CPU requirements (p.e. old Strike Fighters 2) and checking the temp with HWInfo, temperature was always close to 95Cº when i could check. Same in CPU benchmarks. Always with the stock cooler. Disabling PBO on BIOS didn't seem to work.

Then I changed the stock cooler for the cooler master hyper212 and top temp in this setting has been 75Cº. Have run memtest and prime95 with no reboots, max temp 75 also. Then tried to play SW Battlefront (the game that has given the most unstability and sooner reboots) and same problem. PCreboots even if it keeps cool in hwinfo after less than 1 min gameplay after loading the map.

It should be noted that i have previously run for years the same PSU-GPU-SSD-HDD with no problems at all with a i5-3450.

Any advices? I have read that many people experience similar issues with their 3600 and no clear solution...

Thanks for all your time and answers!

Solution
Please check your PSU health and check the cooling solution is properly applied , at equal pressure and correct amount of thermal compound because i own a Ryzen 5 3500 which has the same 65W TDP and 6cores but cpmes with an inferior cooling solution of wraith stealth cooler and even in the heaviest loads for half an hour it has never crossed 81 degrees while even with better cooling yours is at 95 which is too abnormal
Oct 13, 2020
Hey buddy dont forget to mark the best answer
ALSO* i was the first one to reply to this post and i had told you to check the PSU health

Sorry, was giving some more time to check but definitely it was the solution.

Marked and done, thanks for your good eye identifying the problem!!!

And ofc, everybody for all the time and suggestions.

TRENDING THREADS