[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 runs 96C+ during stress test or while running BLENDER.

binayshaw7777

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Let me mention my system specs:
Ryzen 5 3600 (Stock cooler)
ADATA XPG D60G (3200MHZ) 8GB (XMP PROFILE ON)
GIGABYTE A520 S2H Motherboard
CoolerMaster MWE450 V2 power supply
NZXT H510 case (with pre-installed fans)
No extra cooling.

Things I want to mention.
  1. I basically use my PC for gaming, Video Editing, 3D related work and Graphics Designing.
  2. My friend has same CPU with stock cooler. He gets ~78c during stress test.
  3. Please dont tell to change the case, its impossible for me.
  4. I don't wanna end up burning my CPU :"(

After finishing my build, the 4th screw of stock cooler was not screwed, I got 65C at idle. Its been 2 months as of now.
I reapplied new thermal paste by corsair and then this time I successfully installed the stock cooler.
This time I got 45-55C at idle temps while discord running at Background.
But while running BLENDER it hits 96C+ at 100C usage, I haven't rendered anything.
And with AIDA64, OpenHardWareMonitor and task manage I again tested the temps it was 96C+

What should I do first?
Please help.
Should I install CPU AIR COOLER?
or
Should I add extra fans for intake.

I tried stress test without side panel too. This the time the idle temps dropped about 10C, it was around 44C at idle.
But there was no difference in temps at 100 CPU usage.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
i can say the stock cooler just doesn't cut it for workloads.I had a similar problem with my R5 2600.It ran 81c.I ended up buying an AIO.It's well worth the investment.If not get something like the evo 212 which are a pretty good air cooler on a budget.Not sure there here we have to order a custom bracket for the evo 212 though.

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
i can say the stock cooler just doesn't cut it for workloads.I had a similar problem with my R5 2600.It ran 81c.I ended up buying an AIO.It's well worth the investment.If not get something like the evo 212 which are a pretty good air cooler on a budget.Not sure there here we have to order a custom bracket for the evo 212 though.

Solution