[SOLVED] RYZEN 5 3600 stock cooling

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
Hello All,

My Ryzen 5 3600 runs with stock cooling,

Idle temperature is around : 53 to 55 deg

if i run origin and download games it reaches : 63 to 65 deg

Under heavy load for eg games like call of duty warzone it reaches between : 78 to 85 max and under the 95 deg threshold

Should i change my cooler to some budget cooler?

Solution
It is recommended to change the cooler, try Gammaxx 300/400 or Hyper 212/EVO, then get a Arctic MX-4 Thermal paste, apply the thermal paste between a Dot or a X, it would give a significant result. Anyways where do you live and whats the ambient temp there? you got a good airflow inside your case?
It is recommended to change the cooler, try Gammaxx 300/400 or Hyper 212/EVO, then get a Arctic MX-4 Thermal paste, apply the thermal paste between a Dot or a X, it would give a significant result. Anyways where do you live and whats the ambient temp there? you got a good airflow inside your case?

Reactions: coolraveen
Solution

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020

Yes i have a cabinet with three fans at the front and 1 at the rear,

and i live in chennai india where my room temperature reaches around 32 deg and outside temperature is 40 deg.

May 25, 2020
The original cooler is undersized and noisy as hell. At least mine was...
For your high ambient temp in Chennai, the bigger cooler the better.
I bought a Thermaltake CL-P039-AL12BL-A (very similar to the Hyper 212/EVO) and I'm very happy with it.

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
The original cooler is undersized and noisy as hell. At least mine was...
For your high ambient temp in Chennai, the bigger cooler the better.
I bought a Thermaltake CL-P039-AL12BL-A (very similar to the Hyper 212/EVO) and I'm very happy with it.

Thanks a lot for your reply will buy a budget custom cooler, till that are the temperatures ok? can i continue till i replace my cooler?

Thanks a lot for your reply will buy a budget custom cooler, till that are the temperatures ok? can i continue till i replace my cooler?
not much for better durability, 95 is pretty high on load, go get aftermarket cooler with good thermal paste (arctic mx4 recommended, i live in Indonesia and it's currently hot btw, with bad airflow for today case standard, but my cpu managed below 85 under load)

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
not much for better durability, 95 is pretty high on load, go get aftermarket cooler with good thermal paste (arctic mx4 recommended, i live in Indonesia and it's currently hot btw, with bad airflow for today case standard, but my cpu managed below 85 under load)

So for me now it does not exceed 85 deg it stays around it, and it comes to 55 deg idle once i stop playing call of duty warzone. So am planning to install cooler master hyper 212 Evo. will be good if reduce the max load temperature below 85 deg. thanks for your reply.

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
So for me now it does not exceed 85 deg it stays around it, and it comes to 55 deg idle once i stop playing call of duty warzone. So am planning to install cooler master hyper 212 Evo. will be good if reduce the max load temperature below 85 deg. thanks for your reply.

Hi update: i finally installed Antec A400 RGB

Now my idle temperature has reduced by 10 deg : 41 - 43

And under load while playing COD warzone it did 55 - 60

Am happy with the performance as of now, thanks for the support

Reactions: Koekieezz

TRENDING THREADS