[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 stuck in all core boost

Whagwan

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Hi all,

I'm at a bit of a loss at to why my r5 3600 is sat in all core boost at ~4.0Ghz in idle and under load.

Vbp2F1b.png

M/board is the MSI B450 tomahawk max. I have the latest chipset drivers and windows version, Power plan is set to Ryzen balanced.

I've tried lots of options as to turning on/off PBO, overclocking in both bios and Ryzen master, clearing CMOS to reset BIOS settings to stock etc.

Whatever I do it always sits with all cores boosted at the same speed. If I run prime 95 or load the CPU speed drops slightly, if I try and run a single thread test in CPU mark all cores continue to sit at the same speed.

Any help much appreciated!

Solution
Then just keep the all core overclock and adjust the voltage by yourself.
Running all core overclock will not hurt your CPU if the voltages are normal.
Start with 42x ratio (4.200MHz) with 1.32V and then start lowering voltage/increasing clocks until you see instability.

It's just what happened to me, but i wanted to perform an all core overclock anyway.Ryzen Master isn't either important or usefull.Youtubers say otherwise but you can see by yourself what i mean.It interferes with the BIOS causing issues you can't solve even with a CMOS reset.

DeanTH23

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
  1. Delete Ryzen Master...For me, it did nothing but causing me problems...Use the BIOS only to make changes.
  2. It's ok to run all core overclock 24/7 if the voltages are normal...For 4.000 you don't want to see more than 1.30V (during load) on Vcore and you should be able to go lower.Maybe way lower.
If don't want to keep the overclock, delete Ryzen Master and then go into the BIOS and load the default settings...You can check temps with HWInfo64.

DeanTH23

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
Then just keep the all core overclock and adjust the voltage by yourself.
Running all core overclock will not hurt your CPU if the voltages are normal.
Start with 42x ratio (4.200MHz) with 1.32V and then start lowering voltage/increasing clocks until you see instability.

It's just what happened to me, but i wanted to perform an all core overclock anyway.Ryzen Master isn't either important or usefull.Youtubers say otherwise but you can see by yourself what i mean.It interferes with the BIOS causing issues you can't solve even with a CMOS reset.

Last edited:
Solution