[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 temp at idle

rdhaval01

Prominent
Jul 29, 2020
Hey guys. Recently I have built a gaming pc with ryzen 5 3600 as cpu and rx580 as gpu. Yesterday when i switched on the system and checked the tems using hwmonitor, i found out that the temp of cpu was fluctuating betmeen 50-55 degrees celcius with max temp of 70 at idle state. And that of gpu was between 48-52 degrees celcius at idle state. I want to ask is it normal or should i consider to buy an aftermarket cooler? Kindly guide me, thank you.

Solution
Yesterday I was installing a game and i noticed that the cpu temp was gradually increasing from 75-85. It reached max at 85. Is it normal that during installation my cpu is going over 80? I did not start playing thinking that it could hard the cpu if the temp increases any furthur beyond 85.

Use HWInfo64 instead HWMonitor. HWInfo64 is the only one come close to Ryzen Master for CPU sensors reading.

Do a negative offset voltage from 0.5v to 0.1v to see if that help with the temperature. Turn off PBO aka Precision Boost Override in the BIOS.

If negative offset voltage and disable PBO no work, then you will need to invest an aftermarket cooler. The Ryzen 5, Ryzen 7, and Ryzen 9 box cooler is meh performance. I always recommend...

Furzumz

Reputable
Ryzen likes to idle on the warm side and it also likes to have sporadic temperatures which is normal among ryzen processors. The max temperature reading under load is what you want to keep an eye on

The stock cooler will run it on the hot side but as long as its properly installed and your case isn't starved of airflow it's fine.

What are your load temperatures like?

Reactions: RodroX and kurdtnz

rdhaval01

Prominent
Jul 29, 2020
Ryzen likes to idle on the warm side and it also likes to have sporadic temperatures which is normal among ryzen processors. The max temperature reading under load is what you want to keep an eye on

The stock cooler will run it on the hot side but as long as its properly installed and your case isn't starved of airflow it's fine.

What are your load temperatures like?
I haven't tried it yet. Will try it though today. I just did not start playing games looking at the high temps even on idle. But as you said ryzen runs on warm even at idle, I guess i'll consider those idle temps normal and will try and test it under load condition. Anyway, what is the max temp that a ryzen 3600 could go at load and would still be considered as normal?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Anyway, what is the max temp that a ryzen 3600 could go at load and would still be considered as normal?
80C.
When under heavy load, these cpus will try to boost their frequency up to a point within it's own 'comfort zone', whether the first is temperature or power, and stops boosting.
In most cases it hits temperature first. With a beefy enough cooler, only power limits stand in the way.

Reactions: RodroX and kurdtnz

rdhaval01

Prominent
Jul 29, 2020
80C.
When under heavy load, these cpus will try to boost their frequency up to a point within it's own 'comfort zone', whether the first is temperature or power, and stops boosting.
In most cases it hits temperature first. With a beefy enough cooler, only power limits stand in the way.
Yesterday I was installing a game and i noticed that the cpu temp was gradually increasing from 75-85. It reached max at 85. Is it normal that during installation my cpu is going over 80? I did not start playing thinking that it could hard the cpu if the temp increases any furthur beyond 85.

SumTingW0ng

Reputable
Aug 6, 2017

Use HWInfo64 instead HWMonitor. HWInfo64 is the only one come close to Ryzen Master for CPU sensors reading.

Do a negative offset voltage from 0.5v to 0.1v to see if that help with the temperature. Turn off PBO aka Precision Boost Override in the BIOS.

If negative offset voltage and disable PBO no work, then you will need to invest an aftermarket cooler. The Ryzen 5, Ryzen 7, and Ryzen 9 box cooler is meh performance. I always recommend to buy an aftermarket cooler for mid range to high end cpu.

Solution

rdhaval01

Prominent
Jul 29, 2020

If negative offset voltage and disable PBO no work, then you will need to invest an aftermarket cooler. The Ryzen 5, Ryzen 7, and Ryzen 9 box cooler is meh performance. I always recommend to buy an aftermarket cooler for mid range to high end cpu.
Okay i'll try hwinfo tonight. I just wish that it was hwmonitor that was showing me the incorrect values. Anyway, my cpu fan and the cabinet fans are very much silent and do no make any kind of noise. I started doubting when I tried to copy a 35gb iso file into the hdd and the average speed was around 35-40mbps. I began to think that there is some problem with my cpu and as it is overheating, the file is getting copied very slowly. By the way, is 35-40 mbps copying speed slow or normal? I am using usb3.0 and my hdd is 1tb wd blue.

TRENDING THREADS