[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 temperature goes over 90c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2022
Hello, I've a new Ryzen 5 3600, I bought it about ~2 month, while its on 90% + usage, temperature goes over 90 ( maximum 95c ), is this normal?

Solution
I would say No.
Are you overclocked? OC speed set to high for the stock cooler? Voltages set high to maintain the OC stability?
Fan working or fan speed set to low?

Lots of possibilities for a cause.

Colif

Win 11 Master
95C max temp the CPU can run at before it turns off, so no... thats not normal.

has it always been same?
What cooling have you got? what case? how many intakes/exhaust fans?

I wonder if you getting 80c on the GPU at same time might be part of the mix.

Last edited:
Reactions: xii69
Apr 25, 2022
I would say No.
Are you overclocked? OC speed set to high for the stock cooler? Voltages set high to maintain the OC stability?

I didn't overclocked anything, its about 50c - 60c while gaming ( 20 %- 30% cpu usgae ), but while installing games ( 100% usage ) it goes to 95c.
Fans are working, the fan is that one was in CPU box.
I didn't change any setting at all.

Apr 25, 2022
95C max temp the CPU can run at before it turns off, so no... thats not normal.

has it always been same?
What cooling have you got? what case? how many intakes/exhaust fans?

I wonder if you getting 80c on the GPU at same time might be part of the mix.
"has it always been same?" no just while 100% usage, while gaming its 50c - 60c (20 %- 30% CPU usage)
"What cooling have you got? what case? how many intakes/exhaust fans?"
4 Case fans ( 3 in front and 1 behind ), and the original CPU fan, it was in Ryzen's CPU box.
Case is Green Z5 Surena

Colif

Win 11 Master
games installed on the 980 pro?

how big is the installer? i found one case with same CPU taking 100% usage to install but game had an 18gb installer.
is it off steam?
The patches are delta files. They basically tell steam "hey go look at this part of the file and change these bits". Rather than "here is the entire file again, even though we added like 1 digit at the end of the file"

This allows the download itself to e much smaller.

The down side is that locally it uses more CPU and disk to process these files. It essentially

1. Gets a list of 'changes' it needs ot make from the patch file
  2. reads the entire original file
  3. processes what parts need changing
  4. writes out the new file with the changes
This process is both CPU and disk intensive. I have a 1GBps connection but I can only realistically get 400mbps off Steam. This is mainly due to the high compression of the files so basically my CPU is capping out how fast I can really download games from steam not my overall connection. With a fast enough CPU and an SSD drive I can get better speeds closer to my 1GBPs connection.
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1735465524707564681/

Apr 25, 2022
I would say No.

I didn't overclocked, but it goes over 90c just while its on 80% to 100% usage

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If the cooling is working as intended, then the issue is high voltages. Sounds like you have a performance enhancer like MSI Dragon Center or Asus Performance mode enabled in bios. They aren't OC as such, but force the cpu to work harder at higher voltages than are required.

The software version is moot. It's not 'highly compressed' there's only so much compression ability by any software out there and they compress pretty much the same. Decompression is all about 'time'. It doesn't matter what cpu is used, a lower thread cpu just takes longer than a higher thread cpu. Usage would be the same on any cpu, a higher thread cpu will just stay at that elevated level for less time.

Gaming temps are normal, so the cooler is sufficient, airflow sufficient.

I highly suggest in future you not use Cracked versions. Software Piracy in any form is illegal. Period. It also is not supported or endorsed or tolerated in any form by this site or its affiliates or personel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.