connor.j2000

Honorable
Aug 21, 2017
Hi.

Just built a new PC with a Ryzen 5 3600, using the included Wraith Stealth cooler. Whilst idling, the temperature sits anywhere between 41-48C, before spiking randomly up to anywhere between 55-73C.

I've read that this is normal, but I'm a bit uneasy with these temps. Can anyone offer reassurance or is there an issue I need to fix?

Thanks!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2720853

As the user above said the Wraith Stealth cooler is really not ideal for a R5 3600.

Look into the Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B.

Reactions: klikken
D

Deleted member 2720853

Thanks. Sorry last question. Under an Aida64 stress test, the temps hit around 95c and the PC rebooted itself.

Should I be limiting voltage/frequency? This build isn't for me so don't want to dump it on said person and it crashes like that.
Under regular gaming conditions the CPU will never reach a workload imposed by these stress testing applications (Prime95, AIDA64), especially if they're using AVX.

For example my i7-8700 was stress tested in AIDA64 to reach a max of 78C overnight on a Thermaltake UX200 aftermarket cooler rated at 130W. It ran for 7 hours with no crashes. However, during gaming, the CPU never passed 65C in even the most CPU intensive games. And Intel CPUs tend to run hotter than Ryzens.

I am pretty sure it would have also overheated and restarted the PC if I still had the atrocious Intel stock cooler.

Don't do anything as long as it doesnt restart while gaming, keep the stock cooler until you can buy the aftermarket cooler mentioned above.