rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
I have had my Ryzen 5 3600 for over a year now and really love it.... I have noticed that the max temps for the cpu are fairly high but I always get sketched out when my CPU hits 71c for a brief moment. I have a small case and the heat dissipation is pretty bad so what I did was removed the side panel and use a desk fan to circulate air better. Depending on the game I usually see anywhere from 56c to 71c, and even then the 71c rarely happens. I just want to know what everyone else sits at in regards to temperature.... btw I have an aftermarket coolermaster hyper 212.

For that CPU anything 85°C or lower is fine, and the lower the core temps are the longer it will maintain it's boost behavior or the higher it will boost.

This is not "old" AMD where anything over 65°C was likely to cause problems. Ryzen is more typically like Intel in terms of core temperatures and should be fine at 85°C or lower.

What is your case model? If it can fit a Hyper 212 it can't be THAT small.

rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
Hey thanks for the response! Yea so I originally bought this PC used with and i5 6500 and eventually upgraded everything except for GPU, Case, SSD, HDD.... So I dont really know the model number of the case... I have tried looking but the best I could gather was that this case is an mATX and with the hyper 212 on, it almost touches the side panel.... To be fair, I dont think I have enough intake and exhaust fans... Like I have one intake in the front and one exhaust in the back and that is literally it lol.

I’d look to see where you can add fans. I’ve got a mesh style case with 6 fans. I have a 5900x, using a vetroo v5 cooler(if you google it, it’s similar to the hyper 212). I have my cooler set up in a push pull configuration. You may consider doing that also. Basically your cooler should have had fan brackets. If it came with 2 sets, get another 120mm fan, attach it on the other side of your 212 pulling air towards the back of the case with your fan on the front pushing air into the fins of the 212. That may help shave a couple degrees off.

rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
I’d look to see where you can add fans. I’ve got a mesh style case with 6 fans. I have a 5900x, using a vetroo v5 cooler(if you google it, it’s similar to the hyper 212). I have my cooler set up in a push pull configuration. You may consider doing that also. Basically your cooler should have had fan brackets. If it came with 2 sets, get another 120mm fan, attach it on the other side of your 212 pulling air towards the back of the case with your fan on the front pushing air into the fins of the 212. That may help shave a couple degrees off.
yea I actually need to add a push and pull config because at the moment I only have a pull. Once I get paid I think Ill do that :)

Yeah you probably don’t need an extra fan but it does look cool too lol. If nothing else, change from a pull to push imo. Mainly though grab more fans in general.

For example you could grab a 2 pack like this for about 12 bucks. More airflow in the case should help a bit. If you can drop temps overall that should help your gpu as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2237691005...1QoO_yZSxW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Colif

Win 11 Master
I guess it can't hurt. Make it look brighter if nothing else.
3600 don't really produce that much heat compared to other Ryzen cpu
I don't need the AIO on this CPU but if I replace it with a 5800x3d it suddenly becomes useful.

Adding more fans doesn't always help :)

On my 5900x I’m using the cooler master mb511 case with a vetroo v5 cooler. With 6 fans in the case which is a mesh case, the cpu stays around 72 under full loads.

As a side note I think if you on Etsy.com(my wife sells stuff on there), for some cases like the next h510, some sellers make custom side and front panels that are set up for extra airflow. For example….

https://www.etsy.com/listing/116409...allery-1-1&organic_search_click=1&bes=1&sts=1

Last edited:
Can you post a picture of your case. Please include the front panel (On the inside, if the front panel doesn't come off to where you can see any potential fan mounting locations), the back panel and the top. And for the top, as with the front, please take the shot from the inside, with the side panel off, so we can see potential mounting locations. Pictures of the case with all the panels on as well might help us to identify what case model it is if it isn't a really obscure brand.

Here's how to post images here:

TRENDING THREADS